Co-Captain

I take a long shower as soon as I get up. It feels good to be able to use both of my arms. I throw away the trash in my room and get dressed. That afternoon, me, Scott and Stiles are driving through an abandoned parking lot and find Jackson having car trouble. We stop and offer him a ride. When I and Scott step out of the car, Jackson asks for a ridiculous request. "I want you to make me a werewolf."

I look at Scott and he looks just as shocked as I am. "Jackson, being a werewolf isn't a walk in the park," I say.

"Just trust me. All it does is make things worse."

"Oh, yeah, really? You can hear anything you want and run faster than humanly possible. Sounds like a real hardship, McCall twins."

McCall twins? "What did you just call us?"

"McCall twins."

"What the hell is 'McCall twins'?"

Jackson sighs. "What's your last name?"

"McCall."

"And aren't you two twins?"

I nod. "Yes."

"There you go."

I just shake my head. "Anyways, just because you're nosy and want to remain the captain, doesn't mean being a werewolf is the answer. And, yeah, we can run really fast. Only problem is, half the time, we're running away from people trying to kill us!"

"And I can hear things like - my girlfriend telling people she doesn't trust me any more right before breaking up with me. I'm not lying to you! It ruins our life. Every day."

"It ruined your lives. You have all the power in the world, and you didn't know what to do with it. You know what it's actually like? It's like you turned 16 and someone bought you a Porsche when they should have started you off with a nice little Honda. Me? I drive a Porsche."

I give him a confused look. "Okay, first of all, I drive a Jeep. Second, what does your dumb car have to do with anything we are talking about? The answer is no, Jackson."

That night, Scott gets a call telling him he needs to get an extension date on a paper so he can pass. Allison comes over to study with Scott. I'm working on my chemistry homework when my mom comes in wearing a beautiful red dress and her hair curled up. I smile. "Wow, mom, I haven't seen you dress this nice for a while. What's the occasion?"

"I have a date."

I look over at Scott. My mom has not dated since our dad left so this is kind of weird news to me. The doorbell rings and my mom jumps. "Can one of you get that? I'm not ready yet."

I go behind Scott to meet her mystery man. When Scott opens the door, we see Peter standing there and we immediately close it back. Turns out, Peter is her actual date. I don't feel right about it. We have Stiles help us follow them and they miss the turn for the restaurant. When they stop, Peter tells us he admires our cunning. He also reveals that Derek plans on killing Jackson. This was just a distraction.

We hurry to the Hale house to find Jackson pleading for his life. We appear on either side of him. Derek glances at me and I turn to my full wolf form and growl at him. His eyes snatch over to Scott, who does the same.

There would have been a fight but a bullet shoots through the window and hits Scott in the shoulder. Derek gives Scott the chance to escape. I'm at his side when he opens the door. Derek pushes me to the side, out of sight. I climb out the window and begin running. I don't know where but somewhere.

I begin hearing others behind me, guns firing and arrows being shot. Come on, Scarlett. Just keep running until you're around other people. They won't hurt you with witnesses. I feel something pinch me in the back of my neck. I stop running and feel behind my hair. I brush against something cold. I pull it out and discover what looks like a metal syringe.

I start feeling dizzy and fall to the ground, everything going black. I wake up in a chair, my arms and legs tied with thick rope. My mouth is covered with duct tape and I smell blood. It must be mine. I smell Derek and I can hear his breathing. He has to be near me. I don't call out to him because I hear voices outside the room. 

I make my eyes glow and search the room. It's old and almost abandoned. I see Derek hanging from a wall with his head hung. There are wires coming from his side. I follow the wires and they have connected him to a small box with a dial. A slid door opens and a bright light makes Derek growls loudly. I realize it's Allison and Kate...