Raving

We follow Matt and Jackson to a ticket booth for a secret concert/rave. We're standing in line when I bring up the fact that I've kissed other guys while here. He isn't upset but shocked. "Aren't you with Derek?"

"Scott, Derek isn't good for me. Isn't that what you said?"

"Yes, but you always leave to go see him."

"It just happens. It doesn't really mean anything. It's like kissing Stiles."

"You've kissed Stiles before? What the hell?"

"Again, it just happened."

"Gross."

I laugh as we get behind Matt and tap him on the shoulder. "How much do the tickets cost?" I ask.

"Um...seventy-five," he replies.

I reach into my pocket and pulled out eighty dollars. Scott looks at me. "What? I save my work money."

He taps Matt's shoulder again. "Can I borrow some money?"

"Yeah, sure. How much?"

"Seventy-five."

Matt rolls his eyes and shakes his head. I buy my ticket and go have dinner with Stiles and his dad at the department. "I'm not sharing confidential police work with two teenagers!" the sheriff exclaims.

Stiles notices the murder board which is pinned to the wall behind his father's head. On it, all the evidence of the recent killings is spread out in photographs and scraps of paper. "Is that it on the board behind you?"

"Don't look at that."

Together, we go over the pieces. The sheriff has figured out that the couple in the travel trailer and the mechanic are all 24 years old. At first he believed this to be pattern to which the death of Isaac Lahey's father did not fit but then he realized that Lahey had another son, called Camden who would have fit the pattern had he not been killed in combat. "They would have all been in the same class at school and they search classroom records and the 2006 BHHS yearbook for more possible victims," Stiles says.

Me and the sheriff nod. "All of the victims up till this point seem to have been connected through Adrian Harris' intermediate chemistry class," I reply.

We go through the list of the students that were killed. "Tucker Cornish," Stiles says.

"Sean Long and Jessica Bartlett," I call off.

"Camden Lahey."

"Wait, is that Isaac's brother?" I ask.

The sheriff nods. " Daphne Hayes, Anna Basso, and Christie Stephens," Stiles continues.

"Kathleen Kasinger, Brenda Findlay, Jade Holmes, and Shena Hammer."

"Collete Knight, Patrick Duggar, Maloria Irvine, and Johnny Langford."

The sheriff takes a bite from his hamburger. "Oh, what the hell is this?"

"Veggie-burger," I reply.

"I asked for a hamburger!"

"That's what Stiles told me to get!"

"Veggie is healthier," Stiles replies. "We're being healthy."

He opens a box of raw vegetables. "Oh, hell! Why are you trying to ruin my life?"

"I'm trying to extend your life! Could you just eat it please?"

The sheriff takes a glance at me. "I promise it's good, sheriff. I have them all the time when my mom doesn't cook."

Stiles knows I'm lying. When the sheriff takes another bite and nods, Stiles gives me a fist bump without looking away from his father. Later, me and Scott meet Derek and Isaac at the animal clinic. When we go inside, Isaac and Scott get into it. "I don't trust him," Isaac says, referring to Scott.