Formality

I watch as Kate Argent walks over to an old metal box and turns a dial. An electrical current goes through Derek's body, exposing my fangs. Derek has been stripped of his shirt and I'm only in my jeans and my bra.

Derek's body is shaking, sparks flying. He doesn't scream but he does grit his teeth. I close my eyes and try to tune everything out. When I open my eyes, I see Allison run out in tears. Kate gives us a wicked smile and walks out after her frightened niece. What does she want? "I know you're wondering why we're here," Derek says, breathless. "She wants what every werewolf hunter wants. But she's not stopping with us."

I overhear her tell Allison, to feel stronger, she can help her psychotic aunt find the 'other Beta'. "Who's the other Beta?" I mumble through the tape.

He doesn't respond. All I have to do was get a glimpse of his expression. Scott. She comes back the next day and I brace myself for her to shock Derek but she just sits in an old chair and looks down at my phone and Derek's. "Scott is very worried about you two." She looks up at Derek. "Remember all the fun we use to have?"

"You mean when you burned my family alive?"

Kate only smiles and stands up. "That, but I was talking about the hot sex we use to have." I don't know what she did, but she makes Derek growl and snap his teeth at her while pulling on his restraints. I roll my eyes. Of course, Derek slept with her. "Aww, Scarlett, I'm sorry you had to hear that."

I just shake my head. She rips the tape off my mouth to get a response from me. "Why would I care? I'm not in love with him. What happened between you two is your business."

She grabs my face and forces me to look up at her. "You always had the eye for females, Derek. Too bad she won't last."

"Why are you so wicked? What did he see in you?"

"There's wicked in everyone, including you." She smiles and gets closer to me. "Sweetie, to answer your question, he got tricked by a pretty face. A handsome young werewolf falls in love with a super-hot girl that comes from a family that kills werewolves. With you, it's a beautiful high school girl with evil lying within her."

"I'm not evil. Compared to you, I'm an angel."

She smirks and turns away from me. "I need you to help me find the other Beta," she says to Derek.

I look the other way again. When neither of us answers her, she already knows the answer. It takes a split second to realize that Jackson isn't the Beta but Scott is. She rushes out to tell her brother, Allison's father. "I know you're upset..." Derek starts.

"I can't believe it," I whisper.

"What?"

"I can't believe I actually started to fall in love with you."

I actually realized how much I really cared for Derek. I would have run instead of standing by his side. I wouldn't be in this situation if I had. I do dangerous things just for him. I have been fighting this feeling for a while. Now, it's starting to fade. "Lucas is normal and doesn't have hunters after him. That's why I've been choosing him over you for so long."

He doesn't verbally react to what I said but he does say, "I just wanted to tell you that I didn't know she was only using me to find my family. I was only a pawn and now-"

I squint my eyes. "It's history repeating itself."