Fury

Stiles and I try to convince Sheriff Stilinski that Matt, not Mr. Harris, is the real killer. "Matt somehow borrowed the teacher's car to lay suspicion on him when his former students turned up dead," I explain.

The sheriff is skeptical but we manage to get him to sneak back into the Sheriff's Department to review the evidence. "Trust me, they'll let you in," Stiles assures his father.

"Trust you?"

"Trust...Scarlett."

The sheriff looks my way and I just shrug. "I mean, you don't have much of a choice here."

At the station, we review security footage from the night Jessica Bartlet was killed. Matt is seen walking down the hall towards her room. He is also seen talking to my mother. "That's him!" Stiles exclaims. "That's Matt!"

The sheriff looks at us and raises an eyebrow. "All I see is the back of someone's head."

"Matt's head, yeah. I sit behind him in history. He's got a very distinct cranium, it's weird," Stiles replies.

"Okay, say that is him, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

"Well, the swim team does suck," I reply.

"They haven't won in like six years," Stiles adds. His father give us both a look. "Okay, we don't really have a motive yet."

I call my mom and she remembers talking to Matt because he was tracking mud all over the halls. "We have footprint evidence at the scene of the trailer murders and a credit card receipt for an oil change the night the mechanic was killed," the sheriff says.

"So we can place him at the scene of four murders including the rave."

"All right, dad, if one's an incident, two's a coincidence, and three's a pattern, what's four?"

"Four's enough for a warrant," the sheriff replies.

"Or, just a path to a pure massacre," I point out.

The sheriff asks me to call my mom back to come down to the station to give a statement in hopes of getting an arrest warrant for Matt. Stiles and I head to the front of the office only to find the officer, Noree Victoria, that was on duty. She's dead, bloody and slashed. I turn to find Matt pointing the officer's service revolver at Stiles' head. "Matt? What the hell are you doing?"

"Well, by process of elimination, he's about to hold us hostage," Stiles comments. Matt presses the gun into his head. "Okay, I'll shut up."

"Be careful, Matt," I growl. "You hurt Stiles, you lose all your limbs."

"Is that right?" he teases. "Which one of us has a loaded gun and a kanima?"

"Which one of us has claws and heightened abilities?"

"Do you think you can heal from a bullet to the head?"

"I can get to you before you pull the trigger."

"I could pull the trigger now."

He's got me there. Matt leads me and Stiles, at gunpoint back to the sheriff. The sheriff tries to talk Matt down like he's been trained to do. "Matt? It's Matt, right? Matt, whatever's going on, I guarantee you there's a solution that doesn't involve a gun."

"You know, it's funny you say that, because I don't think you're aware of just how right you are."

"I know you don't want to hurt people..."

"Well, if he didn't, we wouldn't be here," I mumble.

In retaliation, Matt pushes me to the ground and presses his boot on my back, pressing until I can barely breath. "Actually, I want to hurt a lot of people. You three aren't on my list, but I could be persuaded," Matt replies, lifting his boot.