The Overlooked

We go to tell Derek that Jennifer is the Darach. He is in denial at first but he starts to put the pieces together. We know she would come see Derek so we go outside. We hear her try to tell him we would come and try to convince him that she was making human sacrifices. We step forward and demand to know what she's done with Sheriff Stilinski. Tears swell in Stiles' eyes and he can hardly form the words. I curl my fingers into his, letting him know that, no matter what, we will find his dad. Alive. She denies everything at first. Scott pulls out a small jar. "What's that?" she asks.

"Mistletoe," I answer.

"Deaton explained that the plant is a poison and a cure. You can use it and it can be used against you," Scott explains.

When he tosses the powder into the air, Jennifer reverts to the badly scarred and bald Darach appearance then back to her beautiful disguise. In rage, Derek grabs her by the throat. She pleads with him that they will need her help to save Cora and urges Derek to call Peter. He does so and Peter explains the black goo/mistletoe vomit situation over the phone. Derek, still holding Jennifer by the throat, lifts her off the ground. Scott and I urge caution. "Derek, I hate her but put her down."

Jennifer pleads with Stiles saying, "You'll never find your father if I die."

"Derek, stop," Stiles says.

He drops her to the floor and she suddenly becomes arrogant saying all of us need her. She stands up and looks at me. "And I can always use one more to my sacrifices. You were meant to be one of the warriors but I just didn't feel like going through all that trouble."

I stick close to Scott. I usually face my enemies but she's more capable than any. I go with Derek in his Toyota FJ Cruiser on the way to the hospital, while Scott and Stiles follow in the Jeep. I sat in the passenger seat. I notice there is a massive storm going on. That's never a good sign in this town.  "I'm not helping you because I have to. I'm helping because I want to. I could still run and you wouldn't have an easy time stopping me. I don't want Cora to die and I'm only doing what I have to do."

"Shut up," Derek replies.

"Derek, you need to know how connected we really are."

"Shut up," I say.

I sigh and put my head in my hands. I feel a warm hand on my back. I look up to see Derek trying to comfort me. "I'm really sorry, Scarlett."

"For what? Making me think you were dead? Ripping my heart out for that thing in the back?"

"Right here," Jennifer says. I growl and flick out my claws. "Never mind than."

"All of that. I'm sorry. Things just happened. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Did you sleep with her?" I'm surprised how easy the question comes out. He hesitated but nods. I push his hand away. "While I was out, me and my brother were about to kill ourselves for your 'death', and you're sleeping with a woman who we now know is making human sacrifices. I love your smart decisions Derek."

He doesn't say anything after that. We pull up at the hospital. I pull my hood over my head and notice Stiles grab a baseball bat from his Jeep. "Why do you have a bat?" Scott yells over the rain.

"You two got claws, I've got a bat."

The lights inside the Emergency Room are flickering as Scott explains to our mother that they've come for Cora. My mom says that there are two ambulances coming, one in 10 minutes the other in 20 minutes, she says Cora needs to be in one of those ambulances when they load up in the basement parking garage under the hospital.

On the hospital's second floor, we find Cora's exam room empty. A trail of black goo droplets leads out into the hallway and through a set of closed double doors. There is a muffled sound of a fight and Peter is thrown through the doors and slides to a stop at Derek's feet. "We have a problem," he says.