Pack Mentality

I'm sleep in my bed until, suddenly, I'm not in my room anymore. I'm in the school. To be more specific, on a school bus. I'm sitting in the driver's seat. I look up to the rear view mirror and see Scott in full wolf form, killing Allison. I jump up but I'm pulled back down by a force.

I try using my claws to tear the seat belt. I'm about to scream when I'm back in my bed. I look down and my arm cast is covered in blood and so are my blankets. I slowly climb down to the floor and walk towards the bathroom but I stop when I hear Scott yell.

I quickly turn back and he's tossing and turning, vigorously. I shake him with my good arm and he jumps up, almost hitting me in the face. Thankfully I catch it. He's sweating and panting. His eyes glow for a quick second then go back to normal. I notice blood all over his shirt and sheets but don't ask shout it yet. "Scott, were you having a bad dream?" I ask, wiping some sweat from his face.

He nods. "It was about me and Allison. I... I killed her."

I run my fingers through his matted hair. "No, Scott. I know you wouldn't do something like that." I put my hand on his face. "For now, let's make sure Mom doesn't see this blood."

He nods. The next morning, Scott tells Stiles about the dream. Right before school, we go to where Scott's dream took place. We have to climb over a gate, which I don't mind. I only need a little boost from Scott. Before we do, Stiles gets upset when Scott stops him from climbing over the gate, too. "Someone needs to keep watch," Scott says.

"How come I'm always the guy keeping watch?"

"Because there's only two of us."

I smack the back of his head. "Three and, if we get caught, you'll be by the car already and we run faster than you."

"Well, why is it starting to feel like Batman and Robin? I don't want to be Robin all the time."

"Nobody is Batman and Robin any of the time."

"Not even some of the time?"

I clear my throat out loud. "I know you guys are having marriage issues but we have something to do before we actually get caught."

Scott gives me a boost up with his locked fingers then climbs up himself as soon as I hop down. I'm about to tell Scott to just forget about the dream when we get to where all the buses are parked. There is one in particular where there are claws marks on the side and blood on the side. I slowly run my hands over the marks. In my opinion, they are too big for them to belong to Scott. I hop up in the bus and walk to the front. "What are you doing?" Scott whispers.

"I was in your dream and I was in the driver's seat. It had to be a dream."

I get the driver's side and examine the area. I'm about to walk back but something catches my eye. There are claw marks in the seat belt and on the window, like someone was trying to escape. Me. "Is everything okay?" Scott whispers.

I nod and jump out the back of the bus. "Well, it looks like someone was attacked here but...." I hear Scott's heart race. "Scott..."

"I could've really killed her in my sleep! I have to go find her," he says before running off. I was gonna call after him but it was no point.

At school, everyone is staring at me and whispering about me. This is my first day back since the incident and I'm sure everyone knows about it by now. My bruises and wounds are still fading but the emotional scar still remains wide open.

When I walk by that classroom, that one particular room, it all flashes through my head. Every bit of pain pulses through my body. Lucas barely talks to me anymore. He has a busted nose and a sprang ankle so he sits out of lacrosse until he heals which will be a while for him. I'm not even sure if we're still dating or not. I go into the locker room so I can get a sweater from Scott's locker. I see him walking out with his crutches. We exchange looks but don't say anything. I sigh and open Stiles' locker. "McCall!" a voice yells from behind me.