Venomous

I wake up on Stiles' floor. We were up, all night, talking. I needed someone to go to to talk about Trent and Lucas. Of course, he was very open to listen. I take a shower at his house and get dressed in my jeans, a tank and his hoodie. I leave and go straight to school. I go to my locker to take off Stiles' hoodie and take out my notebooks. I'm in pure shock to close my locker and see Isaac walking down the hallway. I look at Stiles and Scott, who are coming down the hall in the opposite direction of him. "I thought the police were still after him. Why is he here?" I ask.

"Jackson took back what he said to the police. The police department dismissed the case and he was given permission to come back to school," Stiles explains.

I find myself happy to see Isaac by himself. No Erica and no Derek. I walk up to him and give him a hug. He is shocked at first but hugs me back. "Welcome back," I whisper.

"It's good to be back, I hope."

I laugh and nod. "Not everyone hates you so I'm sure you'll be fine."

After lunch, I go to my locker for my textbooks and I begin to feel my heart race. I immediately look around for Scott. I follow the scent of his cologne and find him against the lockers. Erica is standing close to him, too close. I don't approach them right away but I do listen in. I hear Erica say, "This may make me sound like a bitch, but I've always wondered what it would feel like to steal someone else's boyfriend. I bet it's a pretty sick rush of power."

Just by that, I walk up to them. I push Erica away and block Scott. "I don't think it is," I say.

She smirks. "How would you know? Stolen someones boyfriend before?" I don't answer. "Of course not. You're too much of a good girl. No wonder Derek doesn't want you."

This time, I have no response to that. She knows exactly how to hit where it hurts. So, I play her game. "At least a video of me having a seizure isn't all over the internet and I didn't need to became a slut for everyone to actually like me."

I grab Scott and walk away. Later that day, Stiles reports his research on the kanima. "It's some type of werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers."

"It didn't make sense with what we already know about the creature," I reply.

"Did you talk to Deaton about the venom?" Scott asks.

"No, but I think I know. The kanima didn't scratch me deeply. So, maybe if the scratch is deep enough, then it can hurt me."

They both just nod, since we have nothing else to go off. We soon learn that Isaac, Erica and Derek believe the kanima is Lydia. Since she didn't become a werewolf, Derek believes she became the kanima instead. They have a plan to kill her so Scott and me swear to protect her. While we're walking to class, a sharp pain shoots through my knee. "Ah!"

I grab onto Stiles for support. "What's wrong?"

"My leg," I manage to say.

Stiles helps me to the nurse office. She puts some ice on my knee and wraps it. "Just a small sprang, hun. You'll be fine."

In economics, Coach Finstock warns us about our impending mid-term recommending that we form a study group to prepare. In the hallway, Stiles says, "The kanima can't be Lydia because I looked into its eyes and saw pure evil and when I look into Lydia's eyes... I see a much lower percentage of evil."

"Stiles, don't worry about her. Me and Scott gave you our word to protect her from Derek and that's what we're going to do."

In chemistry class me, Scott, Stiles and Allison try to keep Erica and Isaac away from Lydia. Mr. Harris quotes Albert Einstein about the universe and human stupidity both being infinite. He then decides that for the class assignment everyone will switch lab partners at each step.