Insatiable

I watch Scarlett as she sleeps. After explaining the situation, and calming her down, Derek managed to get her to get some rest. I brush some hair from her face, careful not to wake her up again. She stirs then turn on to her side, her back to me. "Scott, you don't have to watch over me all night. You should be looking for Lydia. I'm fine," she grumbles.

I scoff. "You need someone to watch over you. Keep sleeping, I'm going to check on Stiles."

As soon as I leave, and close the door behind me, my mom is coming out the room with Stiles behind her. "How is he?"

"He seems human."

"How's... How's Scarlett?"

I hold a finger to my mouth. "She's sleeping. I think she deserves it after coming back from the dead."

I sense Kira's mom downstairs and look at Stiles. "Is she here?" he asks.

I nod. We all go downstairs. Kira's mom is standing in the middle of our living room. "Do you recognize me?" she asks.

Stiles step forward. "Stop," Kira says, rushing in.

"It's okay," Stiles says. "I'm the one that asked her to come."

"You're the one that's gonna get stabbed with swords. Mom, don't do this to him."

"It's already done."

Two Oni appear. One grabs Stiles and the other just stands there. It holds him by his face, doing the check. After they're done, he falls to the ground. The Oni back up then disappear. "Check behind his ear."

I look behind Stiles ears and see the mark. "It worked."

Me and Scarlett take Stiles down to the sheriff office. Stiles and his father hug. "Is it over?" he asks.

"Not yet," Stiles replies.

The sheriff leaves and comes back. He tells us they're tracking Lydia's car. "Is there anything else that we can do?" I ask.

"No, not really."

"He took her for a reason," Stiles says.

"If we can figure out the 'why' then we can find out the 'where'," Scarlett says.

"Okay, but what would a nogitsune want with a banshee?"

"I don't know. Lydia is pretty good at finding dead bodies. Maybe he needs to find a body," Stiles suggests.

"McCall twins, you know more about this than all of us."

"Us?" I ask.

"You got the story for Noshiko and Scarlett has done her own research."

"Yes but it happened during World War II but that was seventy years ago."

"Wait, what did you say?" Stiles asks.

"Noshiko told me about-"

"No, before that. You said the whole story?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"There's a girl at the mental institution I was in. Her name's Meredith. I think she might be able to help."

Deputy Parrish calls Eichen House and finds out that Meredith Walker is still there but has been moved to the Closed Unit. "Why?" Stiles asks.

"Behavioral issues."

"What issues?" Scarlett asks.

"She wouldn't stop screaming."

We all look at each other with worried looks.

Scarlett's POV

I'm in a dark room. The voices echo all around. Scarlett. Scarlett. You can't escape from me, Scarlett. Your fate has been sealed. You're dying and you know it. But how long can you keep it from Scott?