Ice Pick

I open my eyes and feel Derek's strong arm around my waist. I slowly slip out of his embrace and quickly get dressed. I run my fingers through my unkempt hair. I was just about to slip away when I hear Derek murmur something that sounded like, "Scarlett."

I freeze. When I hear his light snores resume, I slip out as quietly as possible. I jog back to my house. When I get there, I take a shower and wash my hair. I change into a red V-neck, black jacket, blue jeans and black boots. I pull my hair back into a tight ponytail and let a small bang fall over my right eye.

I ride my motorcycle over the speed limit so I get to school in over a minute. I go straight to the locker room and prepare for P. E. I change into shorts, a tank, knee socks and sneakers. I come out to the tall rock wall and sigh.

First, Coach Finstock makes us run laps around the gym. While I'm running, I look back to see Scott and Stiles jogging slowly behind me. I listen in on their conversation without making obvious. "I'm kind of worried about her," Scott says. "She keeps seeing things and hearing things."

"Well it is pretty obvious that she's not like you or Derek. Maybe the same Alpha that bit you didn't bite her. But, it helps us. It helped us know what happened to Lydia when she went missing. Does she seem kind of like a nut job? Sure, but it benefits us sometimes."

I feel tears forming in my eyes. I quickly wipe them away and push myself to run faster. I'm not crazy. As far as I'm concerned, I'm no different than him. I pass some people but find myself pushing myself even more. "McCall! This is just a warm up, not a marathon! Save it for the Cross Country team!"

I completely stop running and lean against a wall to catch my breath. When the laps are over, Coach pairs everyone up for the rock wall. I don't get a partner due to the odd number.

After everyone goes, his last pair is Stiles and a random girl who I remember name is Erica. She's shy and very isolated. She's not very high on the wall but Stiles gets far then jumps down. Erica, on the other hand, starts to hyperventilate from looking down. The coach has no idea what was going on. "Erica, just jump down. What's wrong with her?"

I roll my eyes. "Coach, she's epileptic," I say.

"How come no one tells me these things?"

I push past everyone and stand on the safety mat. I don't bother to put on a harness. I look at Scott and nod. He stands on the mat, right under her. I begin climbing up toward her. "McCall! You need a harness!"

"Bite me, Coach!"

When I reach Erica, I hold on and move in as much as possible. Her blonde hair is in a disarray, her grey eyes show fear and her heart is beating like crazy. "Hey, Erica. How are you?"

"I...I'm scared."

I quickly glance down and Scott's ready to catch her. "Okay, sweetie. If you can trust anyone, it's me. It's okay to be scared but it's up to you to face those fears. I'm going to trip you and you're gonna fall back, okay? Then my brother is going to catch you, I swear. Please trust me."

I see her hesitation. "Are you sure?"

I nod. Before she can answer, I use one foot to trip her and falls back, like I planned. I look down to make sure Scott catches her. As soon as he does, I flip off the wall and land on the mat on both two feet. I hold Erica in my arms as she shakes violently and cries. "Shhhhhh, it's okay, Erica. Just relax."

Coach dismisses us to the locker room. I'm sitting on a bench, packing my duffel bag, when two girls start looking at me and snickering. "Hey, Scarlett," the first one says, standing next to me. "I heard you're dating the sheriff's son. What's his name again?"