007. Frank is missing!

••

KODI BALL WAS IN TROUBLE ... Not only did she and Lip break off their three-year friends with benefits arrangement, but she also slept with someone that Lip despised—Malakai McGuire. Lip had always made it clear that Malakai should stay away, respecting the unspoken code among boys. However, that didn't mean Malakai wouldn't occasionally flirt with Kodi. After all, she was known as one of the most beautiful girls in Chatsworth, and everyone knew that Kodi Ball was Phillip Gallagher's girl.

But after what happened last night, everything seemed to have changed. As Kodi slowly woke up and ran her fingers through her hair, she turned to face her mistake from the previous night. Panic set in. Why was Malakai in her bed, naked? She tried to get up, but he stopped her, groaning, "No, baby, come back to bed." Kodi didn't hesitate: "Kai, you have to leave."

Confused, Malakai sat up, looking at her in just her underwear and bra. "Why?" he asked, a smirk playing on his lips. "Can you turn around?" Kodi pleaded, but Malakai couldn't help but laugh. "After what we just did last night?" he said, slightly amused and confused. Kodi insisted, "Malakai," and he playfully surrendered, mockingly covering his eyes with his fingers.

Just then, they heard a voice coming up the stairs. "Honey, come down for breakfast. Ian brought us milk," Veronica's voice called from outside. "Just a second, V," Kodi responded, her mind racing. "Look, no one can know about anything between you and me," Malakai laughed. "Sure wouldn't want your little boyfriend to find out his precious little princess was with another... get it?" He quickly found his pants, got dressed, and added, "I mean, I'd be mad too if it were me."

Kodi turned around, wearing only her school skirt now, and saw Malakai looking at her with a slight smile. Her phone started ringing a few times, but she didn't think much of it. Slowly, she approached Malakai. "Hurry up and get going, Ballard. Now," she urged. Malakai walked towards the door, and Kodi whispered, "Shh, let's use the front entrance." She was determined to ensure that Veronica and her uncle Kev didn't hear or discover them.

As Kodi opened the door, the bright morning sun shone through, making her nervous. Malakai chuckled at her nervousness, giving her an adorable kiss on the cheek as he said, "See yw later then.. Don't be a stranger." He grabbed a cigarette from his pocket, lit it up, and walked away, putting his hoodie over his head. Just as he was disappearing, a voice called out from behind Kodi, "Sneaking out, lads, now are we?"

She turned around to see Veronica with a cigarette in his hand, smirking. "That's my girl," she said, laughing. "Now come on, you don't want to be late for school. Eat your breakfast." Veronica playfully pushed Kodi towards the kitchen, and they both entered...

Walking into the kitchen not realizing that she was still in just a bra and her school skirt. "Does Lip know about your little boy toy?" Veronica asked mischievously.

"No, and you're not going to tell him, are you, Veronica?" Kodi replied, sounding more like a demand.

"Hey kid, don't use that tone with me," Veronica responded playfully, using the same tone. "I'll keep it a secret. He won't be hearing anything from me," Kodi assured her as she took a spoonful of her cornflakes.

The room fell silent after their exchange. Just then, Kev, Veronica's uncle and a favorite figure in their lives, walked into the kitchen wearing only a robe and boxers. He looked at the two girls with amusement and asked, "What's with the silence? I thought you two were chatty Kathys in the morning."

Veronica and Kodi looked at each other and replied in unison, "Nothing."

Kev raised an eyebrow, noticing their synchronized response. "Alright, what happened?" he pressed, not convinced by their nonchalant attitudes.