023. A LETTER FROM THE SCHOOL.

Series one - episode five
(Affairs)

••

LIP'S VOICEOVER -

LIP'S VOICEOVER -

HONOUR THY FATHER AND THY MOTHER... 'But we only knew where one of 'em was. 'Dad were making a good impression at Sheila's.

'He had more time for his extended family than he ever did for us.

'For the first time in years, I was actually starting to like him again.
'Even Karen seemed happier in his company, 'which made things tons easier for me.

'She were a great girl, Karen.
'Kodi were the only one who ever had me enjoy sex... but wi' Karen it was 'nother level.

'Difference wi' this one - 'Is actually the fact I can admit I'm in love with her, which I've never been able to do before.

••

THE SMELL OF BACON AND EGGS FILLED THE AIR

THE SMELL OF BACON AND EGGS FILLED THE AIR.. As Kodi and Veronica sat eating.

It was a peaceful morning in their humble home, until a figure emerged from the hallway. Kevin, who held a letter in his hand, his face a mix of confusion and worry. As he approached the island where Kodi and Veronica stood. "Listen to this --It's from the school. Fucking wankers' - For those parents unable to attend tomorrow evening - "a home visit will be made."

Kodi and Veronica exchanged troubled glances, their breakfast momentarily forgotten as a sense of unease settled over them. "A home visit?" Veronica's voice quivered slightly, her eyes wide with concern.

Kevin's sad eyes met Kodi's,
"we could risk losing you t'social services."

Veronica's voice trembled as she voiced her concern, "What can we do? Should we try to contact Kelly?"

Kevin scoffed at the mention of Kelly, "Kelly won't be of much help. We're on our own in this."

Kodi, asserted, "They can't take me away. They know I'm in your care, they know you're my guardians.