• Prologue - Series two

Kodi zipped up her bag, her heart heavy with sadness and trepidation. ''You don't have to leave,'' Kevin said softly, following her down the stairs.

''Yes, I do,'' she replied, her voice barely a whisper.

As she closed the door behind her, Kevin's voice boomed through the silence, ''Kodi Marie Ball, you get back here now!''

''I'm sorry, dad,'' she said through tear-filled eyes. ''But my mind is made up.''

Kevin watched helplessly as his daughter disappeared into the darkness, walking towards Malakai Maguire's car. ''Kodi!'' he shouted, but she didn't turn back. Veronica came outside and wrapped her arms around Kevin's shoulders, trying to comfort him. Lip started to follow Kodi, but she shook her head, a look of finality in her eyes.

''Kodi,'' Lip pleaded, but Malakai stepped out of his car. ''I wouldn't if I were you, Gallagher,'' he warned darkly.

''Just let me talk to her,'' Lip persisted.

Malakai looked at Kodi, who shook her head again. ''Haven't you done enough, Lip?'' Malakai asked.

Lip stepped forward, anger boiling within him. He lunged at Malakai, headbutting him and punching him repeatedly. Malakai fought back with equal ferocity. Kevin and Steve intervened, breaking up the fight. "Lip," Fiona shouted, her voice carrying across the yard. "It's enough." Malakai glared at Lip, his eyes filled with hatred. "This isn't over, Gallagher. I'll have your head on a stick for what you did to Kodi and my sister." With that, he walked back to his car, Kodi slid into Malakai's car, her eyes filled with a mixture of sadness and determination. As they drove away, she couldn't help but glance back at her family, wondering if she had made the right choice.

In the aftermath, They had lost Kodi, and the circumstances surrounding her departure weighed heavily on their hearts

How you ask this came about? Will need to go back a few months to understand..

it all started with one mistake