031. Faking Frank Gallagher's death

Series one - episode 7
(Frank fakes his death)

••

Kodi Ball loves her sleep.. but she can never actually get some sleep in this town..

- one because she's still in high school.

- Two the fucking Gallaghers

- And three her father and Veronica need there alone time and need her out of the house!!

Her only time she ever gets sleep would probably be her classes.. which she's thankful for because Lip' writes her notes while she falls asleep..

But... That never happened!

Yet again Kodi Ball caught in the middle of Gallaghers state of affairs -

A fake funeral for Frank Gallagher...

••

As Kodi approached the Gallagher household, in her pleated gray school overall dress, white shirt and puffy jacket, finishing the look were, which deep down she knew she'd get in trouble for even wearing them... Her doc martens... With a mug of coffee in one hand and a cigarette in the other, she took a drag as she walked towards the front door... Without knocking she opened the door, but instead of a friendly welcoming like she usually gets, she saw a formidable figure emerged with her arms crossed.

"Can I help you?" the lady demanded..

"Yes, you could let me in,'' Kodi requested politely, her lips curving into a smile, Kodi trying to enter... But the strange lady, stops her from doing so... Excuse you.. Kodi thought.

''Hang on... I can't just let anyone in. Is this what happens in this house? They just let anyone in?'' the lady asked nobody in particular.

''Are you the security guard?'' Kodi quipped, earning a chuckle from Lip, who was watching from the staircase above. He felt the urge to intervene but was equally interested in how things would unfold...

''Might as well be, this house is chaos,'' the lady replied sarcastically. ''What's your name?'

'Kor...Delila-' Kodi paused, remembering Kelly's warning about never giving her real name to strangers. ''I'm Kordelia, ma'am''.
Just as Kodi was about to ask the lady's name, Monica appeared from the kitchen, her eyes widening in recognition. ''Little Kodi? Is that you?"

Kodi nodded and smiled. Monica opened the door wide, and Kodi stepped inside, with a mocking smile at the lady she has yet to learn her name.. Monica smiles and hugs her, after letting go making her way upstairs, Lip couldn't resist a playful jab.... Poking her and laughing

''Milady?'' he asked with a grin.

''She your girlfriend?'' Norma inquired with raised eyebrows.

''Yes, she is,' Lip said, winking at Kodi and pulling her in by the waist. Monica squealed with delight, proud that her son had finally got the girl.

''Nice,'' Norma mumbled under her breath as she turned and walked back downstairs.

''Girlfriend, really... Phillip?'' Kodi said, annoyed. She playfully struck him, but Lip only chuckled and lifted her onto his bed.

''It just came to me, I liked it though... calling you my girlfriend,'' he said softly.

''No, five feet apart Gallagher,'' Kodi countered with a slight laugh, pushing him away.

''Come on, Kodi, we'll be good together,'' Lip insisted.

''I'm good with Malakai,'' Kodi replied firmly. A moment of silence fell between them, the tension hanging in the air. Lip knew that Kodi was stubborn, and he suspected that she was using Malakai as an excuse to keep her distance.

''You know I adore you, right?'' he said, his voice laced with sincerity.

Kodi met his gaze, her blue eyes reflecting a mixture of emotions. ''I know,'' she whispered.

Now, Kodi had heard alot of nonsense... But hearing that frank Gallagher is dying.. surely not she thought...

"What's going on?"

"Your dad's got news for you." Monica Gallagher said to her kids.

"I'm dying, apparently."
"You what?"

Like the whole him dying had to be him taking the piss out of everyone right??

Everyone glances at each other trying to process the whole 'frank dying'..

••

the charade was meticulously in place. As the mourners gathered around the open casket, Frank Gallagher lay concealed, feigning death... Here we go! Kodi thinks to herself...

Kodi, her fingers intertwined with Lip's, pretended to weep discreetly while hiding her amusement beneath a tissue. Kevin, sensing her stifled laughter, nudged her gently as Mr. Wilson, the housing officer, stepped into the room.

''Oh, sweet Jesus, no! Both wrists and a bottle of tablets,'' Mr. Wilson cried out, staring at Frank's lifeless form in the coffin. A chorus of feigned grief filled the air as Fiona, Monica, and the others voiced their supposed sorrow. Ian, unable to contain his disdain, quietly announced his departure for work.

''Work? Surely not?'' questioned someone.

''I fucking hated him,'' Ian declared defiantly. ''And I need the money. Kash could use the help Kodi"

Kodi glanced at her father, who nodded discreetly. She stifled a small sniff "such sorrows, he was such a great man" Kodi says wiping a fake tear. The Family tried to hold their laughter... Which they had hold..

All such great actors -

Ian shakes his head grabbing hee hand, walking out the door with Kodi.. As they walk out the door and walk to Kodis house, they burst into laughter...

"Such sorrows?" Ian asks with amusement, slightly laughing a little.

"I needed to make a grand exit" Ian laughs and playfully rolls her eyes.

"Of course.. You're bed, awaits Milady" he opens the door for her and smiles

"Thank you, kind Sir" he winks...

Yes, sleep! Thank you Ian' Kodi fall to her bed dramatically and smiled into her sheets, closing her eyes for what seems like a last time...

But... we all know that her peace will be ruined by the family her life seems to be consumed with...