016. THE JOCKEY WENT BOOM!

MEANWHILE, KODI CATCHES SIGHT OF MALAKAI AND LIP AND... The tense conversation between them.. She starts to make her way over, but her uncle Kev pulls her back. "You should stay out of this, kiddo."

"No, Lip always does this... I can't be happy he always has to ruin everything ," Kodi protests.

"Maybe it's not about ruining anything, Kodi. Maybe it's just about keeping you safe," Kev says, his voice gentle.

"By beaten up every bloke I've ever tired to be with, how's that keeping me safe?" Kodi says Veronica looks at both Kodi and Kev

"Shots, let's do shots, to the Ball's"
Kodi looks at the shots hesitantly, Veronica looks at her and raises her eyebrows

"Comeon trouble" Kodi nods
In unison they yell "to the Ball's"

They drink their shots, Kodi looking at Lip and Malakai, feeling a little guilty that they're both here because of her. She downs her shot, wishing it would numb the ache in her chest.

All Kodi wants is to be happy, she wants to be with Lip, but at the same time... she can't help but feel a strange pull towards Malakai... but her thoughts were quickly dismissed when Carl walked towards with a smile "So, Kodie, you want to dance?"

Carl asks, seeing her hesitate. "It's -- o- okay if you don't -- ill-" Carl stutters a nervous wreck, he couldn't help himself Kodi was a pretty girl and he could see the tension with Lip and her new boyfriend, he just wanted to see Kodi Ball smile, and why can't it be him.. Kodi looks at Carl and giggles

"Why not?"

They walk over to the dance floor, ."you look pretty Kodi" she smiles at the little boys words..
"You do too, Carl.. very handsome in that suit" which makes him blush

"You know if you were my girl I wouldn't ever chose someone over you" Kodi kisses his cheek and smiles, leaving Carl to' blush... Everyone screaming Oooos that the seeing Carls face.. Ian jumping on him, ruffling him up playfully...

••

KODI WALKING TO THE BRIDE AND GROOM, JUMPING AT THEM EXCITINGLY... "So what do you think, Mr and Mrs Ball? - You happy?

"Very happy." Veronica says to Kodi holding out her hand to hold and kisses Kev on the Lips - Kodi smiles at them and let's go of Veronica hands and runs up to Malakai who catches her with ease, with no warning she kisses him "what was that for?" Malakai asks Kodi
"I like you Malakai Maguire"

They kiss passionately as if no one is watching.

"Oh, bloody hell! Fire! Get out now!"

The sound of someone shouting "fire" fills the air, sending the party guests into a panic. Kodi and Malakai break apart, their lips still tingling from their kiss. People are pushing and shoving, trying to get to the exits. Amidst the chaos, Kodi spots Lip who nods and smiles that she safe..

As they make their way to the exit, Kodi turns to Malakai. "I need to know something. Why did you come here tonight?"

"I'll tell you later," he replies, his eyes never leaving hers. "Right now, we need to get out of here."

They make their way through the crowd, pushing past frantic guests. Kodi feels a strange sense of calm wash over her as she's wrapped up in Malakai's presence. It's as if nothing else matters, not the fire, not the chaos, not even the tension between Lip. She knows that things will never be the same after tonight, but for now, she's content to be with Malakai.

But... That will soon turn into a night Kodi wished never happened...

Leaving everyone wondering
Where the bloody hell is Kodi Ball?