003. if only he could say those 3 words

Series Two - Episode Two

(Eric - foster child)

- Kodi moves in with the Maguire's

••

KEV AND VERONICA'S ANNERSARY CELEBRATION... Beneath the chaos, ension simmered between Lip and Kodi, their banter laced with familiarity and a hint of something deeper.

''Kodi, we ain't had a proper shag in
days,'' Lip drawled, his cheeky grin a sly invitation. ''You've been with that prat all week.''

Kodi scoffed, but her eyes held a glimmer of desire. ''That prat is my boyfriend.''

Lip's smirk spread wider. ''And what am I?''

Kodi's laughter filled the room. ''You're Phillip Gallagher, a sensational shag.'' She planted a kiss on his cheek and disappeared into the crowd. Lip's gaze lingered on her, a flicker of longing crossing his hardened features... Annoyed! He knew Malakai had Kodi, more now then he ever did.. All because of those three words Malakai had told her.. maybe, if he said them she'll forever be his..

And call him boyfriend..

Lip watching Kodi with her father dancing, Ian approaches him.
"Doesn't seem like you're too chuffed, what's up?" Ian observed, watching his brother's expression...

"Im gonna tell her'' Lip stated resolutely.

"Tell her what?" Ian said catching his brothers eyes watching Kodi.

"Tell her I love her"

Ian raised an eyebrow. 'Think this through, Lip. Don't just blurt it out because-'

Lip cut him off. "No, I have to tell her"
Across the room, Kodi danced with her father, her laughter echoing through the chaotic revelry. Lip's determination solidified as he watched her, her joy infectious.

''Mind if I nick her?'' Lip asked Kev.

'Aye, she's bus-oh, hello, darling.' Kev's voice trailed off as Veronica greeted him with a passionate kiss. 'Shes all yours.. We'll be upstairs.''

Hand in hand, Lip and Kodi made their way to her bedroom. Her heart pounded in her chest as they locked eyes, the electricity between them undeniable... Lip gently pushed Kodi onto the bed and began undressing her. Their gazes held a promise of intimacy and vulnerability. In that moment, it was just the two of them, and all the complications faded away.

As they lay beside each other, Lip swallowed hard, his voice thick with emotion. 'Kodi.. I -- ah..-" pausing as he speaks.. just you love her you twat.. say it and she's yours... Say it and Malakai Maguire will be out of the picture.. say it!

"Kodi.. I -" she looks at him, seeing him struggle.. "I lov- adore you Kodi"

You fucking wanker' Philip, he thought to himself...

Kodi's breath caught in her throat as she realized the weight of his words... Almost hearing him say love.. she smiles and ''And I adore you, Lip''

Their fingers intertwined, a silent vow of affection and understanding. A love unspoken, yet deeply felt. It was their unique way of saying 'I love you' without actually uttering those words... He didn't need to say them because Kodi knew that he loved her..

Lip just wished she would love him, and only him.. but he knew he wasn't the only one Kodis heart belonged to...