010 - Kodi's mother

ONE THING KODI ADORED WAS WEDDINGS, BUT WHAT SHE LOVED... One thing Kodi adored was weddings, but what she loved even more was her slumber. And that's all she yearned to do at that moment, but Veronica, the bride-to-be, had other plans.

"Get up, get up!" Veronica burst into Kodi's bedroom, her excitement palpable. "I'm getting married!" She jumped on Kodi's bed, her voice bubbling with anticipation.

Kodi groaned at the mere thought of getting out of bed. "No, I'm sleeping," she grumbled.

"No time for sleep, we have a wedding to plan!" Veronica chirped, her enthusiasm infectious. Kodi reluctantly sat up, running her fingers through her sleep-tousled hair. "I'm getting married," Veronica sang as she closed Kodi's door behind her.

••

FIONA SEEING KEV'S FACE AFTER SHE CONGRATULATED HIM... Kevin, walking away.. Fiona following after Kevin, who seemed unusually stressed. "How long does it take to get a divorce?" Kev asked, his voice laden with worry.

"I think you have to get married first," Fiona replied, taking the cigarette from him and inhaling deeply.

"I'm already married," Kevin admitted.

••

STEVE, KEV AND FOINA OUTSIDE THE GALLAGHER HOUSE, KEV LEANING AGAINST THE VAN...
"I don't even know where she is. She was in Carlisle," Kevin said anxiously.

"Look, I know a decent solicitor. I can give him a call," Steve offered, trying to alleviate the tension.

"Behind her back? Why have you never told her?" Fiona asked, her tone laced with annoyance.

"Fuck knows," Kev replied. "We were only married a year." He took a long drag of his cigarette.

"You're going to have to tell her before she broadcasts it to the entire estate," Fiona warned.

"Being married isn't the worst part, Fiona" Kev said. Fiona and Steve's jaws dropped in shock. Before they could respond, he continued, "She's Kodi's mother."

Steve and Fiona gasped, their eyes wide with disbelief. Before they could ask questions, they heard a voice behind them.

"Hey up, hey up, he-e-e-ey! So this is where you're hiding!" Veronica's mother called out. They turned around to see Kodi and Veronica walking out, both smiling.

"Yeah? Might be a bit late for that," Kev said nonchalantly.

"And Kodi?" Fiona asked.

"Way too late for that," Veronica replied.

"Why haven't you told her, Kev? She think's Kelly is her mother?" Fiona demanded.

"I know, I found out when she dropped her at me house four years ago. I couldn't tell her," Kevin explained, his voice heavy with regret. Steve and Fiona looked at him compassionately, understanding his dilemma. "How do you tell your supposed niece that she could be your daughter?" Kev asked.

They shook their heads, not knowing what they would have said in his situation "You're going to have to tell her eventually, mate," Steve said. Kev nodded slightly, taking the last of his drag.

••

VERONICA EMERGED FROM THE ROOM, IN HER WEDDING DRESS

"What in the bloody hell is that..." Kodi muttered under her breath. Fiona nudges her and slightly laughs

"What do you think? I think it might need a few alterations!" She exclaimed, prompting laughter from the assembled group.

••