005. you're a Maguire, Malakai.

IN THE MAGUIRE HOUSEHOLD....
"Hey, knock it off. Kodi will be staying with us for a a few days.. and I want you twats on your best.." Paddy says his sons

"That means no, trying to get in her knickers while she's here.." Mimi adds

They all nod and go back eating.
"Where the fucks the milk?"

"Mandy's gone to grab it"

"Well can she bloody hurry hell up, then."

••

"MY PARENTS ARE CATHOLIC SO YOU'LL BE SLEEPING IN ME SISTERS ROOM WITH HER"... Walking into the house, they all greet her with open arms... Kodi glances at paddy who takes Malakai out of the room...

"Go put the kettle on" Mimi says to her Shane

"Tea or coffee, ma'am" Shane says winking at kodi
"Coffee, please sir"

"Coming right up" he walks away dramatically, making her life

"Eat, love.." Mimi says signalling the plate of food that's in front of her

"IM NOT SAYING I DON'T LIKE HER, I DO

"IM NOT SAYING I DON'T LIKE HER, I DO.. WE NEED TO DISCUSS THAT SHE'S KEVIN BALL'S DAUGHTER"

"I don't see why we need to,'' Malakai replied, his eyes never leaving Kodi's.

''We don't have a great reputation with any of them,'' Paddy continued, his gaze fixed on his son. ''Do you think they're gonna welcome you? They already don't like you.''

''I know, I know!" Paddy sighed, knowing that his son's heart was set on Kodi. He couldn't deny the love that shone in Malakai's eyes when he looked at her, but he also knew the harsh reality of their world.

''do'er love her?'' Paddy asked, his voice softening.

''I do,'' Malakai replied, his voice filled with conviction.

''And you think she's ready for that commitment?''

'I'm not asking for her hand just yet"

''But you will be, and I'm asking you. If you think she's ready for the life of a Maguire, you can't keep her out,'' Paddy said, his words carrying a weight that Malakai couldn't ignore.

''Why not? Why can't she just be my wife and not be part of our world?''

''Because, our world is what you are and when she says I do, she too becomes that world, think about it, can't keep hiding who you are.''

''She already knows, and I'm not involving her in this.''

''You're a fucking Maguire,'' Paddy said, his voice stern.

''And that's our shit, not hers.. she's going to be something dad, something more than what Chatsworth has to offer her.. the Maguire's business will not be what she does, I won't let it.''
Paddy smiled at his son, knowing that he was doing everything in his power to protect Kodi from the harsh realities of their world.... Paddy slightly laughs at his son's comment..

That was fantasy talk. "Once she takes your name, she's in weather you like or not!" Paddy said to his son, with a stern warning to his voice.

''I'm not even married yet, why we speaking of this?''

'Because... She's with child,' Paddy said, walking away, leaving Malakai to process the news.

Kodi was pregnant!

— and his own father knew before Malakai and Kodi themselves.

The shock reverberated through Malakai's mind as he tried to comprehend the news.

How could this be? How did his father know before them? Wait... Is it even his or Lip's?  Does Kodi know?

Fuck!