Chapter 6

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story, I only own what I come up with. The rest belongs to J.K Rowling.

VOTE, COMMENT, ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6

As I had so unfortunately predicted, in my mind, that sixth year's free periods were not the hours of relaxation that everyone wanted to have. Especially Ron. Free periods are a time to attempt to keep up with the vast amount of homework we were being loaded with. Not only are we  studying as though we had exams everyday, but our lessons themselves had become more demanding than ever before. Harry could barely understand half of what our professors would say, and would often rant to me about how crappy this year was going to be, I can hardly blame him though. Even Hermione had had to ask some professors to repeat instructions once or twice.

Hilariously, and to Hermione's increasing resentment, Harry's best subject had suddenly become Potions, thanks to the so-called Half-Blood Prince.

It was hilarious to see how fast Hermione's face would become red every time Slughorn would praise Harry's 'natural and amazing ability that is potion making.'

Thankfully I wasn't having that hard of a time in classes, I learned the majority of the content in past years. I am a natural at nonverbal spells, which were now expected, not only in Defense Against the Dark Arts, but in all of the classes in which we did wand work. It was fun to look at my classmates in the common room or at mealtimes to see them purple in the face and straining as though they had overdosed on U-No-Poo. Let me give you a moment to laugh at my joke before I continue......Anyways, I knew that they were only trying to do nonverbal spells without saying the incantation aloud. Mostly....everyone royally sucked at it.

It was surprisingly a relief to get outside into the greenhouses, seeing as it is one of my least favorite classes. It was nice to be near fresh air after being in an environment with a lot of stressing people...and people who wish to smash my head against the wall until I fall unconscious. If you don't understand what I'm trying to say...I'm talking about the dweebs who like to bully me.

Anyway, in Herbology we were dealing with more dangerous plants than ever, hallelujah. On the up-side....we were allowed to swear loudly if the Venomous Tentacula seized us unexpectedly from behind. It was not a fun experience let me tell you...when you are lifted five feet from the ground by a thick tentacle with poisonous thorns, you would be swearing too.

One result of our enormous workload and the frantic hours of practicing nonverbal spells, I'm speaking of my friends here and not me, was that my friends have been unable to find time to visit Hagrid. I didn't mind so much. Hagrid and I were never that close, but my friends have been whining about it all the time. Hagrid had stopped coming to meals at the staff table, and ominous sign to my friends, and on the few occasions when we had passes him in the corridors or out in the grounds, he had mysteriously failed to notice us or hear our greetings.

" We have got to go and explain to him why we didn't take Care of Magical Creatures this year!" Hermione stressed, as she looked up at Hagrid's huge and empty chair at the staff table the following Saturday at breakfast.

" We've got Quidditch tryouts this morning!" said Ron. " And we're supposed to be practicing that Aguamenti Charm from Flitwick! Anyway, explain what? How are going to tell him we hated his stupid subject?"

" We didn't hate it!" said Hermione in a shrill voice.

"Speak for yourself, I haven't forgotten the skrewts." I said darkly, which earned an amused look from Harry and Ron, but a not-so-amused look from Hermione.