Chapter 10

Disclaimer: I do not own the material in this story, it belongs to J.K Rowling.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I've made it through the whole exam week, with no problem. I'm so sure I made all Outstandings on my exams.

I've learned everything I could, which means I haven't hung around my friends at all this week. Not that they'll be suspicious. It was exam week after all. Very hectic. 

One of the only bad things about ignoring them for a week is not knowing what they are planning. All I know is that Earlier today they ran to Professor McGonagall looking terrified and determined. They must know something.

Today is when I'll put everything to the test. It's been exactly one week since I overheard my father say he was taking the stone today. I'm going to have to go down and get the stone before he or my friends do. And to do that I must hurry.

I ran quickly up the moving staircase and into the common room. It was the end of the day, after dinner, and I was ready to make my move at the stone. I will have to wait until all the students are in bed before I head there.

I entered the common room feeling determined and impatient for the night to come so I can take my chance at the stone.

For a long time I just sat there slouched on the couch, impatiently tapping my foot as people slowly would leave and go to bed.

I could see my friends sitting in the corner of the room, at the desks talking in hushed tones and looking at me and around the room every now and then. Now that's a little suspicious.

I kept my eyes on my friends and tried not to make it conspicuous. I was hoping with every bone in my body that they weren't going to go after the stone tonight. I felt half annoyed at them for meddling and half in awe that they took it as their responsibility to protect the stone.

I know it may sound wierd that I'm annoyed at them because they are meddling... and here I am doing the exact same thing. But is it really meddling if it's your dad taking the stone? What if you happened to be more powerful than your friends and have been studying for a week on how to survive spells and plants? What if I'm doing this to make sure my friends and everyone else doesn't get hurt? My friends are just making it that much harder for me to do what I'm trying to do.... protect them. I highly doubt that they have put as much effort into this as I have, well maybe Hermione might have... But I doubt that she got as far as me.

I glanced over at my friends one last time and saw that the four of us were the last ones in the common room. I smirked and grew eager as I realized that the time of getting the stone grew closer.

I sat there for an hour and saw to my displeasure that no one has left the common room. I could feel Ron giving me an annoyed stare every now and then I would smirk. It was so like him to be impatient. Well I can show him that there is no way in heck that I'm leaving this common room first.

I picked up a book from my bag and began to read. I lifted my feet up and put them on the table and relaxed. The picture of ease.

I read almost 30 pages before I started feeling really sleepy. I felt my eyes closing and my muscles relaxing. My body was screaming at me to just take a short nap... 5 minutes thats it... surely my friends wouldn't be able to leave the common room without waking me up... right? I slowly felt myself surrender to sleep.

I woke up with a jolt when the book I had been reading fell to the floor and made a loud noise. I looked around the room and my eyes widened and my nostrils flared when I saw that my friends weren't in the common room.