Chapter 5

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story, it belongs to J.K Rowling. I only own what I come up with.

Vote and comment please!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Chapter 5

I watched feeling astounded as my old teacher professor Trelawny stood crying in front of Umbridge. The old toad had just fired her and was now forcing Trelawny to leave.

" Poor, Trelawny.... not even she deserves this." Ron muttered to me from the side of his mouth.

I almost started to cry for her, she was sobbing hysterically, talking about how Hogwarts was her home. I felt so bad for her, Ron was right... she really didn't deserve this... even if she was a fraud.

" I know..." I said back to Ron as I scanned the huge crowd that stood watching her. Whew... not only was she fired, but she has to deal with the fact that she was fired in front of a hundred gawking students.

I spotted Draco staring at the scene in mild interest, but he still looked rather bored. He could feel someone staring at him for he quickly scanned the crowd and spotted me looking at him.

He smirked at me and winked. I smiled sadly back as the doors leading to the castle opened and Dumbledore came striding out.

" Minerva, will you please escort Sybil back inside." Dumbledore said politely yet still looking serious.

" Oh thank you! Thank you!" Trelawny said as she leaned heavily on McGonagall as they walked clumsily back into the castle.

" Headmaster, I have the authority..." Umbridge started holding up one of her decrees.

" You have the authority to dismiss my teachers, but you don't have the authority to banish them from the grounds... that power remains with the headmaster." Dumbledore said sternly.

" For now." Umbridge said in a sickly sweet tone.

Dumbledore looked around and began to walk back toward the castle. " Well... don't you all have some studying to do??" he said loudly to the gawking students.

When Dumbledore spoke, the crowd began to move and return to whatever they were doing before Trelawny was being fired.

" Professor! Professor Dumbledore!" Harry shouted as he ran after Dumbledore to get his attention.

I sighed and looked toward Ron.

" He won't answer Harry... just watch." I stated sadly as we watched Dumbledore ignore Harry.

Harry disappeared into the crowd. I could still hear his voice calling for Dumbledore... but Dumbledore didn't speak a word back to him.

" We should head back to the common room..." Hermione said staring sadly after Harry. " We have loads of homework."

I reluctantly nodded and walked with Hermione and Ron up to the common room. When we arrived, Harry was already sitting on the couch looking depressed. He held a piece of parchment and a quil, but he hadn't written a word. His eyes were glazed over as if his mind was elsewhere.

I walked cautiously up to Harry and sat next to him and put my hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

" Harry?" I asked questioningly as I saw his face nodd toward me slightly.

" Is it just me...or does it seem like Dumbledore is avoiding me." Harry said in a monotone voice.

I sent a nervous glance toward Hermione and Ron and they returned it.