Chapter 7

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story, it belongs to J.K. Rowling.

Vote and comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 7

I entered the great hall with the rest of the Gryffindor team to meet loud applause. Harry and I couldn't help grinning that as we saw that both the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables were applauding us too. The Slytherin table hissed loudly as we passed them, I noticed that Draco was even paler than usually. When He saw me staring he glared hard at me and went back to eating.

Wood spent the whole breakfast urging us to eat, though he ate nothing himself.

" Harry." I asked

Harry looked at me " Yeah?"

" Any word from Hagrid." I asked

Harry's eyes darkened and he frowned " He's been sentenced to death, it was made final last night."

" Oh." was all I said as I continued to inhale all my food to please Oliver.

When we all stopped eating, Oliver hurried us to the field before anyone else had finished so we could have an idea on the conditions of the weather. As we left the great hall everyone applauded again.

When we got outside into the stadium, Wood looked at the sky and said " Okay.... no wind to speak of.... sun's a bit bright, that could impair your vision, watch out for it... the grounds pretty hard, good that will give us a fast kick off."

Wood paced the field, staring around with us watching him, he's a nervous wreck.

Finally we saw the doors to the castle open in the distance and the rest of the school spilling onto the lawn.

" Locker rooms... now." Wood said leading the way.

None of us spoke as we changed into our scarlet robes. When we were all changed we all gathered back together and Wood started to speak, " Okay, it's time, lets go."

We walked onto the field to a tidal wave of noise, three quarters of the crowd was wearing scarlet rosettes, waving scarlet flags with the Gryffindor lion upon them, or brandishing banners with slogans like " Go Gryffindor!" or " Lions for the cup!"

 Behind the Slytherin goal posts the Slytherins were wearing green and Professor Snape sat in the first row, smiling grimly.

" And here are the Gryffindors!" yelled Lee Jordan, who was acting as commentator as usual. " Potter, Wood, Bell, Johnson, Wilson, Weasley and Weasley. Widely acknowledged as the best team Hogwarts has seen in a good few years..."

His comments were drowned out by loud boos by the Slytherins.

" And here comes the Slytherin team lead by captain Flint.... looks like he made some changes to the lineup... looks like he's going for size rather than skill..."

More boos from the Slytherins.

Lee had a point though, Malfoy was easily the smallest one on the team, the rest of them were enormous.

"Captains! shake hands!" Madam Hooch said.

Wood and flint went up to each other and grasped each others hands. It looked like they were trying to squeeze each others fingers off.

" Mount your brooms!" yelled Madam Hooch " 3....2....1...."

The sound of her whistle was lost in the roar from the crowd as 14 brooms rose into the air.