Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story, it belongs to J.K Rowling. I only own what I come up with.

Please vote and comment!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Chapter 3

I smiled at Harry as Hermione and I walked down the stairs ready to go eat breakfast.

Harry didn't smile back, he was to busy glaring after Seamus, who just took a speedy exit out of the portrait hole.

"Does he think he'll turn into a nutter if he stays in a room with me too long?" Harry asked loudly.

Hermione and I froze as we got closer to Harry, he was angry. Very angry, and when Harry gets very angry... he has to go and ruin everyone else's day, by snapping at us and being loud and rude.

" Don't worry about it Harry," Dean muttered, hoisting his schoolbag onto his shoulder. " He's just...." But apparently he was unable to say exactly what Seamus was, and after a slightly awkward pause followed him out of the room.

Ron gave Harry a ' it's-his-problem-not-yours look, but Harry wasn't consoled.

I felt really bad for Harry. How much more of this was he going to have to go through.

" What just happened..." I asked warily as I took in Harry's angry features.

We all walked out of the common room and began walking toward the great hall.

" Seamus reckons Harry's lying about You-Know-Who," Said Ron crisply.

Hermione and I sighed and shared a look.

" Yes, Lavender thinks so too." Hermione said gloomily.

" Been having a nice little chat with her about whether or not I'm a lying, attention-seeking prat, have you?" Harry said loudly.

" No," Hermione said trying to look calm, " I told her to keep her big fat mouth shut about you actually. And it wouold be quite nice if you stopped jumping down our throats, Harry, because if you haven't noticed, we're on your side."

There was a short pause and Harry said in a low but crisp voice " Sorry."

" That's quite alright." Hermione said with dignity, then she shook her head. " Don't you remember what Dumbledore said at the end-of-term feast last year?"

I nodded while Ron and Harry stared at her blankly.

" You know...." I said to the boys. " About my father? He had said ' His gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. we can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust...'"

Hermione nodded looking impressed with me. " Exactly." She said proudly.

" How do you remember stuff like that?" asked Ron, looking at us in admiration.

" We listen, Ron." Hermione said in a duh tone.

" So do I, but I still couldn't tell you exactly what..." Ron started.

" THE POINT...." Hermione pressed on loudly " is that this sort of thing is exactly what Dumbledore was talking about. You-Know-Who's only been back two months, and we've started fighting among ourselves. We must stand together... be united...."

" If that means we're supposed to get matey with the Slytherins, fat chance." Ron retorted.

" Well, I think it's a pity we're not trying for a bit of inter-House unity." Said Hermione crossly.