Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I don't own some of this material, J.K. Rowling does. This is just my version of what she has already come up with.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3

I sat at the Gryffindor table eating my toast slowly. It was an early breakfast and I wasn't in the mood to wait on my friends, I wanted to think. Every adult has had the same reaction to me so far. It doesn't hurt me, I'm just perplexed and confused. This has to do with my father, I just know it. Who was my father?? Thanks dad, I appreciate you doing whatever you did at school to get me watched by all the teachers. I sighed feeling aggravated and threw my toast down on my plate.

" Wow, you ok?" asked a blonde boy named Ernie as he walked up to where I was sitting.

"Yea, I guess I'm ok." I sighed, taking an aggressive bite out of my toast.

He motioned for a blond girl to come over to us and he sat down. She came bounding over to us smiling.

"This is Hannah." Ernie said.

"Hey, Hannah." I said smiling half-heartedly.

" Hey, what's going on?" Hannah said sitting across from me.

"Ava is feeling down." he stated.

"I don't remember saying that." I said sounding defeated.

"Your sigh said it all." he smiled.

"Are you upset because all the teachers are staring at you?" Hannah guessed as she stared toward the teachers table where a few of the teachers were indeed watching our interaction.

"Uh...." I didn't really know these two really well, but hey whatever. It's nice meeting new people. "Yea. I don't know why they stare at me, It kinda bothers me."

"Its probably because your gorgeous!" Hannah said making it sound like it should be obvious."It's so obvious, you're uncommonly beautiful."

I perched my lips " Uh, thanks but I think it has something to do with my father..... that's why they're staring at me. At least that's what I think."

"Is your father Edward Cullen??" she joked with a giggle.

I laughed and said no. Ernie looked over at me.

"I've been wondering why teachers have been staring at you as well." he mused.

"Is it that obvious." I said frustrated. Of course I already knew it was, I was just hoping people were to dim to notice the stares I was getting.

Ernie rolled his eyes. " Sorry, 'fraid so."

We all laughed. I saw my friends Harry, Hermione and Ron coming into the great hall, they spotted me and started coming toward me. Ernie and Hannah noticed.

" Hey we'll see you in transfiguration ok?" Ernie said smiling kindly. With that Ernie and Hannah walked back to the Hufflepuff table, waving to me as they went. I waved back before turning towards my friends.

"Why didn't you wait for us this morning?" Harry questioned.

"I needed time to think." I shrugged.

"Oh." Harry said.

They sat down where Ernie and Hannah sat before and piled food into their plates, and dug in. Since I was done with my breakfast I just stared off into space. I turned my head over to the teachers table, to find that Professor Dumbledore was staring hard at me, as if he was trying to figure out a particularly hard puzzle.