Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I don't own some of the content, it belongs to J.K. Rowling. Its just my version of what she has already come up with.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

I woke up feeling excited and eager. I looked around at the three other beds in the girls dorm and squeaked. So much energy. I need to scream. In just a few hours I will be in charms, or transfiguration, or the class Im really excited for......defense against the dark arts! I stared up at the ceiling smiling like an idiot until I heard Hermione moving around in her bed and asked

"Ava? What are you doing?"

I turned to look at her with the same goofy grin on my face. "I. Am. So. Excited!" I said happily.

She laughed and soon was as happy and enthusiastic about classes as I was.

"Lets get dressed and go to breakfast." Hermione suggested.

We got in our school uniform and went into the common room.

I wish Harry would wake up so we could all walk down together.... ah ha!

"Harry! Wake up! Lets go to breakfast! Hurry up!"  I thought

I heard a growl coming from his head.

" Ok, Ok, hold on Ava sheesh"  I knew him well enough to detect under that sleepy growl that he was just as happy as Hermione and me to start classes.

I asked Hermione to wait with me to see if the boys would come down soon, and of course they did. Harry must have woke Ron up because they were both running down the steps. They smiled at me before looking at Hermione.

"Guys Hermione is going to eat with us." I said smiling.

They smiled at her and nodded in acceptance.

We stood around for a few moments awkwardly until one of our stomachs broke the silence.

Ron cleared his throat, clearly annoyed that he was being kept from breakfast.

"Can we PLEASE go to breakfast now? Im starving!" he said grouchily.

Harry walked beside me down to breakfast as Ron and Hermione walked together talking animately about upcoming classes.

Harry and I talked about how cool it would be to learn defense against the dark arts.

We finally got to the great hall to have breakfast. We grabbed a seat, Hermione next to me and Ron next to Harry.

 We filled our plates full and dug in. The food was so good here!

"I wonder what classes we'll have first this morning." said Ron with a mouthfull of eggs.

Hermione gave him a disgusted look at his lack of manners but he didn't seem to notice.

"I hope we have Defense against the dark arts, Im really looking forward to that class." said Harry.

"Me too!" I agreeed.

Harry smiled warmly at me, looking really happy.

 When we were done eating, Professor McGonagall came around and gave us our class schedules. I sat eagerly and waited for my schedule to be handed to me.

When Professor McGonagall handed me my schedule she stared at me for a few moments looking at my face. She never said a word to me. That was odd. I shook it off as I looked down at my shedule. I have transfiguration first with the Hufflepuffs, then history of magic with the Slytherins, Charms with the Ravenclaws, Potions with the Slytherins, and lastly Defense against the dark arts.... with the Slytherins. Crap, Defense against the dark arts is last!