Chapter 7

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story except for what I've come up with, the rest belongs to J.K Rowling.

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 7

I woke up Saturday morning to a strangely familiar bouncing on my bed.

"Whatisit..." I mumbled groggily " What is it?"

" It's Dobby, miss." said an elfish voice.

I shot straight up in my bed and rubbed my eyes and looked down at the house elf with confusion.

" What are you doing here Dobby?" I whispered so not to wake up the other girls in the room.

" To check up on things... you've been acting suspicious lately, but you don't seem to be after Harry Potter, miss." He said warily

" I told you he is my friend, I would never hurt him, I wouldn't hurt anybody... even though I can't vouch the same for my father.... Like I said before Dobby, I'm not him." I said fervently.

Dobby seemed to size me up for a moment before saying " Dobby said you seemed to not want to harm Harry Potter, but that doesn't take away Dobby's suspicion of you. You are up to something, that much is clear. But seeing as you haven't done anything to hurt Harry Potter, Dobby's going to not harm you, but Dobby will still be watching...."

"Ok, Dobby." I said tiredly.

Dobby gave me a stern look before he apparated away.

I fell back onto my pillow and quickly fell asleep again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Again?? So this has happened before?" Hermione said surprisedly to Harry as I walked up to them at breakfast.

" Hey guys, what's up?" I said sitting down beside Harry and filling my plate with toast.

" Colin Creevy was petrified last night!" Harry said anxiously

I choked on a bit of my toast before looking at Harry with wide eyes. " Petrified?" I asked in a high pitched voice.

" Yes! and you know what the teachers said Ava? That the chamber of secrets has been opened AGAIN! which proves that I was right and you were wrong! There IS a chamber of secrets." Ron said smugly.

I ignored Ron and was trying to cope with all the relief and shock in my system. The basilisk only petrified him.... good good. Thank heavens. But now that the basilisk has started to aim itself at students...I have to get my hands on that diary.

I must confess that I'm worried about that part. If my dads being is as strong as to take over someone and have them forget whatever it is they were doing... then I fear that just simply taking the diary away won't help anything... I need to destroy it. Just to be safe.

" Ava... did you hear me?" Ron asked impatiently.

" Oh, yeah, yeah, I suppose you were Ronald." I said a little carelessly.

Ron pouted at the lack of excitement in my voice and went back to his breakfast.

" I think this proves it! Lucius Malfoy opened the chamber when he was at hogwarts and now he's taught Draco do it!" Ron said randomly.

Then Harry, Hermione and Ron each started to guess what the monster was in the chamber of secrets.... they weren't even close.

A few minutes into breakfast Dumbledore got up to speak to us all on the accident. Apparently now we have precautions... we can't go anywhere alone. You will be escorted to your classes by a teacher.... use the buddy system... what they made clear was that Hogwarts was no longer safe.