YEAR 2, chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own the material in this story, it belongs to J.K Rowling.

Yay year 2!!!! I am extremely excited for year 2! I have mostly every detail worked out here. :) I hope you enjoy!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________

POV: Ava

Year two

I sat in the front garden of beautiful Black manor and stared up at the sky. It was one of those moments where I just sat back and appreciated all the beauty around me. The colorful flowers, the slight breeze rustling my hair, the warmth of the sun on my bare arms and face.

I didn't notice anything else around me until I felt something crawling on my fingers intertwined in the green grass. I was afraid to look down. If it was a rodent or a bug hopefully it'll just go and I won't have to look at it.

I still felt the crawling on my fingers seeming to make it's way up my arm. I stilled and concentrated on the feeling. It didn't feel like it had legs...

"Its beautiful today isn't it?"  I heard a voice that came from my arm.

My head snapped toward my arm and my eyes widened at a baby python crawling happily up my arm totally unaware that it scared me. It was so cute in a wierd way. Wait... did it talk...

"Um... excuse me but uh... did you just talk to me?"  I asked it.

"yes, your the only one here silly! Don't you think its nice and warm today?" It asked again.

I stared at the snake in awe and said " Yes... I suppose it is a beautiful and warm day today, what's your name?"

"  I'm sorry, my name is Streak."  He said nicely.

" Ava."  I replied

I watched as Streak crawled nonchalantly toward my neck and rested there baking in the sun.

I watched him feeling intrigued. I had no idea that snakes could talk! Does that mean that every animal can talk?

I heard Streak hiss happily and he curled closer to my neck.

I started to pat his little head and watched him slowly drift off to sleep.

" Um, streak?"  I asked

" Yes?"  He answered sleepily.

" Do all snakes talk?"  I asked

"Of course."  He answered like it was obvious. " It only depends if the wizards can understand us."

 I heard something crash onto the front porch and I turned around to see a wide eyed mom and stepdad staring bewildered at me with a broken glass between them.

What are they staring at? Well.... I am talking to a snake.

My mom looked around the yard nervously to make sure no one was watching before she straightened her robes and repaired the glass.

My mom and Sirius came walking up to me quickly and sat across from me in the grass and eyed Streak nervously.

" Haven't they ever seen a snake before?" Streak said jokingly 

" I guess they are just afraid of you hurting them... not that you would, would you?"  I asked.

Streak looked at me sternly and said  " Of course I'll never hurt them... unless you ask me too... I like you"