Chapter 10

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story, I only own what I come up with. The rest belongs to J.K. Rowling.

Vote and comment please :):)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Chapter 10

I stared over the edge of the elevated deck toward the water. Everyone was excited for this task, but I was nauseated. Harry had to be underwater for an hour. Even though I'm a wizard and almost everything is possible, I still don't see how it's possible to breathe or hold your breath for an hour underwater.

I was chewing my nails nervously while Ginny looked relatively calm beside me.

" How are you so calm?" I demanded bewilderedly. Isn't she worried about Harry at all?

" Because there is no reason to worry." Ginny shrugged " The teachers would never allow the contestants to do somthing that could harm them. Harry will be fine, besides... Neville gave him gillyweed."

I glared at Neville who was beside me looking guilty.

" You didn't tell me?" I said sounding exasperated. " What's gillyweed?"

" I forgot." Neville said sadly." Gillyweed allows someone to breath underwater for a short span of time."

I shook my head unbelievingly. He told Ginny...but forgot to tell Harry's best friend...yeah... that makes perfect sense. Not.

Ginny chuckled " Ava.... Relax. Breathe. Harry will be fine."

I nodded my head and exhaled to calm myself.

I looked around the deck trying to spot Ron or Hermione but I didn't see them. I waited for them when I came out of the great hall but they were no where to be seen. I've spent the last 10 minutes looking for them but still no luck.

" Still can't find them?" Ginny asked sounding concerned.

I shook my head and she said " Weird. Ron would never miss this task."

" I don't think Hermione came back last night." I murmured randomly.

" What do you mean?" Ginny asked confusedly.

" Harry asked all of us to go to the library to help him understand the hint he got from the first task. But before we could figure it out, Professor Moody came in and told Ron and Hermione that they were needed in Professor McGonagalls office. Moody made me go back to the common room, I stayed awake waiting for her, but she never came... and when I woke up  I saw that Hermione wasn't in bed. I don't think that she even came back last night." I said starting to get worried.

" Hmmm. that's really weird. I hope that they are ok." Ginny said trying to look calm.

" Me too." I said scanning the crowd once again.

I didn't see Hermione and Ron, but I did see Draco. Draco and all his perfect glory.

I couldn't help but to stare. To my distaste Pansy was hanging off his arm, chatting away. Draco looked utterly bored and tormented. It looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't enjoy Parkinson's company.

Draco caught me staring and smiled slightly to me before looking back at Pansy.

I sighed.

" Look! They are about to go in!" Neville said excitedly. I looked down below me at the lower deck and sure enough the contestants stood close to the water and readied themselves for the plunge.

" You can do this Harry!!" I screamed for him to hear.

He didn't seem to have heard me. He looked extremely nervous.