Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story it belongs to J.K Rowling. Except for what I make up.

Please read and enjoy the story :) I would really appreciate it if you could spread the word with my story. I'd give you a cookie! :)

VOTE & COMMENT

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Chapter 4

" Turn to page 394..." Snape droned once he closed the blinds in the DADA room.

I stared confusedly at him. Where's Lupin?

All of a sudden an arm right beside my head shot up. Hermione.

" When did you get in here?" I asked her sounding freaked out.

" I told you! Did you see her come in?" Ron whispered

I shook my head no while Hermione said " I've been in here the whole time."

" Uh huh yeah..." I said suspiciously as Snape looked at Hermione.

" Yes Miss Granger."

" Sir... we aren't supposed to start werewolves yet we are still doing hinkypunks..."

"Miss Granger. I was under the impression that I was teaching this lesson... not you. An I am telling you all to turn to page 394." He stared around the room " All of you now!"

With many bitter side along glances and sullen muttering, the class opened their books.

Snape made his way to the back of the class and tapped his wand on a projector. It started showing pictures of werewolves.

" Which of you can tell me how we distinguish between the werewolf and the true wolf?" asked Snape.

Everyone sat motionlessly and quietly, except for Hermione whose hand, as it so often did, shot up in the air.

I was bored so I started to doodle on a piece of scrap parchment.

"Anyone?" Snape said ingoring Hermione " Are you telling me that Professor Lupin hasn't even taught you the basic distinction between..."

" We told you" I said suddenly " we haven't got as far as werewolves yet, we're still on..."

" SILENCE!" snarled Snape. " Well well well I never thought I'd meet a third year class who wouldn't even recognize a werewolf when they saw one. I shall make a point of informing Professor Dumbledore how very behind you all are."

His jealousy of Lupins job was making me sick. He really wanted the job enough to try to get Lupin in trouble. That is sick and selfish.

" Sir, your jealousy of Professor Lupins job is completely obvious, and it is entirely rude of you to sit here and try to get him in trouble just to feel all high and mighty about yourself. And also... He did tell us the distinction between a werewolf and a true wolf." I lied but the class nodded their heads in aggreement " The werewolf only answeres to it's own kind, it has the ability to stand on it hind legs, and It has a more humanistic way of getting food and walking. It's not that hard. Now if you may continue... but please quit insulting our professor."

I heard Hermione sigh beside me when I answered the question for her.

Everyone was staring at me wide eyed and with awe... the way they so commonly did now.

Snape's face turned an unflattering shade of red  " Detention Miss Wilson. Don't make me have to contact you mother about you smart mouthing teachers. I know very well that she's going through a very tough time as it is now that you step dad is... as we say... gone." He smirked mischeviously