Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story, it belongs to J.K. Rowling. I only own what I make up.

Enjoy!! Please vote and comment!! Please!!!! I'll love you forever!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2

I walked into an eerily silent great hall to have our welcome back feast. I could feel eyes staring at me as I went and took my seat across from Harry and Ron.

I could hear people whispering things from all over the great hall... they weren't trying to be quiet.. " Oh my gosh!! I thought she died!!..... I thought she was still in a coma.... She still looks pretty rough....poor girl.... I wonder what happened that night..... she didn't deserve that... Do you you think she's really ok?.... Do you think she has been emotional scarred.?.... I wonder what attacked her.... whatever it was, it got her good, did you see how bloody she was?!"

I blushed, all this attention made me feel like a science experiment, they kept on observing me and giving me the once over.

" Just ignore them." Harry said smiling down at me.

He probably felt like this alot, seeing as he always gets himself into messes and since he is famous.

I did as he suggested and ignored everybody.

I looked up at the teachers table and furrowed my brow.

" I don't see a new defense against the dark arts teacher." I stated as I scanned the faces up there once more.

" Maybe they couldn't get anybody to take the job!" Harry said anxiously. He loved that class, it would suck for him if he didn't have it.

" Hmm... no i don't think so...." Hermione mused. " They would have had to have gotton somebody, that's one of our basic courses. It would not be logical to just off the subject... they got somebody.... I wonder who they got this year, and why arent' they up there?"

" Blimey I wish that they would hurry up! I could eat a hippogriff!" Ron whined.

The words were no sooner out of his mouth when the doors of the great hall opened and silence fell. Professor McGonagall was leading a long line of first years up to the top of the hall. All of the kids were shivering with fear and nerves.  Like every year Professor McGonagall placed the stool in front of the hall and placed the sorting hat on it. I waited patiently for the hat to start its song.

The hat sang it's song and everyone applauded.

" That wasn't the song it sang to us when we got sorted." said Harry clapping like everyone else.

" It sings a differant one every year." I said simply

We all watched as Professor McGonagall called up the tiny first years up to see what house they would be in.

After the sorting Professor Dumbledore got to his feet.

" About time." Muttered Ron.

I rolled my eyes.

" I only have two words to say to you... tuck in." Dumbledore said, and then sat down as the food appeared.

"Yessss!!!!" Ron shouted happily and dug into the food like a neanderthal.

I didn't realize how hungry I was until I filled my plate full with almost everything on the table.

" Aaah 'at's be'er." Ron said with his mouth full of mashed potatoes.

For awhile we all talked about how Harry and Hermione saved Sirius and how Hermione had a time turner to go back in time with last year.

" Oh, so thats how you kept showing up into the classes out of nowhere." I said smacking my forehead. " How did you manage to get one?"