Chapter 22

"You won't go kill them though, right?" You asked, the giddiness from a couple minutes ago fading.

You and Jeff were both in the bathroom, patching yourselves up. Well, you were. Jeff just sat there, watching your movements.

"You didn't win." He stated.

"Neither did you." You retorted, gritting your teeth slightly when you cleaned the wound on your shoulder.

After bandaging the one on your shoulder, you peeled the bottom of your shirt up, revealing both the new cut you got on your hip and the jagged J that Jeff had carved in your skin a while ago.

Jeff's eyes shifted down to the J, then back to your face.

"I guess I won't kill them. Only 'cause ya asked, though." He said.

"That's unlike you. Aww, Jeffy, did you go soft?" You teased.

Jeff rolled his eyes. "Of course not. I just think that if this friendship is gonna work, well, I might try to be a little less of an asshole. And don't call me that. Ever."

"I appreciate it." You said, finishing up.

You walked out of the bathroom, Jeff following you.

You and Jeff chatted as you made your way downstairs.

"(Y/n), Jeff! Wanna play against me and Flick?" BEN called out. The two were seated in front of the tv, looking intently at you and Jeff.

You looked towards Jeff for his response.

Jeff shrugged.

"Well, I was planning on going out to kill." He said.

"I think I'm gonna do the same. Ask me later, and I promise I'll kick your asses." You smirked.

Flick stuck her tongue out at you. "You wish."

"Please. No one can beat me." BEN stated, pretending to brush off his shoulders.

"Mhmmm. We'll see." You said, as you walked back upstairs to your room. So much for going downstairs in the first place. You just wasted time.

Jeff followed you, standing in the doorway.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked.

"I thought my ways were stupid?" You said, your back to him as you rummaged around, looking for your black outfit and mask.

Jeff came into the room. He leaned down, his mouth next to your ear.

"They are."

Jeff's raspy voice startled you. You didn't expect him to be right behind you. Your heart started beating a little faster. A strand of his raven black hair tickled the back of your neck, reminding you how close he really was. A light blush found its way onto your cheeks. Why? You had no clue.

Jeff smirked. "Am I making you blush?" He voice was smug.

"... No. It's hot in here, and you smell like blood. Get out so I can change." You muttered, with your outfit in your hands. You glanced at him and motioned to the door.

Jeff sighed and strode over to the door, closing it on his way out.

You quickly got changed and made your way to the door. You opened it to find Jeff's white face inches from yours, staring at you.

"So can I?" He asked.

You smirked at his behavior. He was like an annoying brother.

"Fine, I guess so. But I have to look for the right houses first. Why don't you meet up with me when I find out my next victims?"