Chapter 19

Jeff darted through the forest.

"I just don't know about myself anymore." Jeff growled to himself, at the edge of the forest now. "I shouldn't care about her. I wanted to kill her a few days ago, and now, I want to get closer to her."

He didn't know if he liked you for sure, or just wanted a killing partner kinda like him.

He grunted, shaking his head, trying to rid his thoughts of you.

He made his way towards a small, simple house. Climbing in through the window, he took a look around.

He forced out a breath he had been holding in, his mind wandering right back to you.

Jeff's expression hardened as he pushed his feelings away.

'I don't like (y/n). I don't like anybody. I'm not who I used to be. I don't love. I hate. That was foolish of me. I didn't need to kiss her. It wasn't me.
I am insane. I am fucking Jeff the Killer. I don't need anyone.'

Jeff sauntered upstairs, heading to the room where gentle snores erupted the silence of the night.

The moonlight reflected off of the sharp knife in his hand. Pushing the ajar door fully open, he made his way towards the figure resting peacefully in bed.

Meanwhile...

"Alright, who just killed me?!?" Flick shouted, chucking her controller at the poor elvish boy seated nearby, out of anger.

"What the hell did I do?" BEN retorted.

"Uh, you didn't help me out? Maybe if you covered me I wouldn't have died and we wouldn't have lost?" She spat.

"I did! I just killed (y/n) for you!" BEN retorted.

"That was me! Unbelievable! And I thought we were supposed to be partners! We were gonna take down E.J. and (y/n) together!" The angry girl hissed, her tongue flicking about.

"But (y/n) told me that- wait." BEN began, his eyes focusing on you.

You couldn't hold in your giggles anymore, and by allowing your laughs to escape, Eyeless Jack began laughing too.

Flick and BEN both turned to glare at you.

"(Y/n)... Did you just-" BEN started.

Zer0 interrupted him. "Yes. She just tricked you and won the game. And she did it pretty well." He chuckled.

"I demand a rematch." Flick said.

"No way." Eyeless Jack said, his smirk hidden behind his mask. "We won."

"You afraid you're gonna lose this time?" BEN taunted.

"Hell no, we can take on you two any day." You scoffed, smirking. "We just don't wanna waste time on something we'll just win again."

Flick rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right. As if you guys would win again. You only won because you lied to BEN and told him that you were me!"

"Well if BEN had actually paid attention, he would've seen that it was you, and not (y/n)." Eyeless Jack remarked.

Flick stared at BEN. "You're right. BEN, it is clear that (y/n) lied. It even says we are on the same team!"

BEN nervously scratched his neck. "Um... Maybe I didn't do it on accident?"

Flick's stare turned into a death glare, while Zer0 slipped out of the room to avoid getting involved.

A smirk was painted across your face. You knew this would happen.