Chapter 24

Sorry for the huge delay in updates. I should be getting back on track now. I will be posting 2-3 more chapters shortly after this to make up for the big delay. Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------

You were sitting in a beautiful meadow, packed with wildlife. Flowers of all kinds sprouted out from the ground, making the environment burst with color around you. Birds chirped serenely, and leaves rustled from the gentle breeze. You looked to your left. A family of deer stood, chowing on the bright green grass. A couple of squirrels chased each other, darting around wildly.

A flash of yellow passed through your vision. Turning your head to look in the direction it went, you saw a butterfly fluttering around. Just past it stood a lone silhouette that you couldn't make out. You stood up and moved towards it. The closer you got, the more prominent his features became. The figure had a lean, but muscular build. Black hair frame his face, and as he turned to look at you, the jagged forever smile that was carved on his face captured your eyes. Jeff.

You moved faster towards him. Your feet moved on their own, you didn't even think to rush to him. However, it seemed that the more you ran, the more distance was put in between you two. You glanced around to see the trees beyond the meadow in flames. The deer family was now lying limp on the ground, and the squirrels had started fighting viciously. You spotted a different figure off to your right. He was walking closer to you. The man stopped once he got close enough for you to see his face clearly. Matted brown hair adorned his head, and intense green eyes stared at you. There were bags under his eyes, which seemed to be oozing some weird, slimy liquid. The liquid started steaming, burning the face of the man whose eyes shed the acidic tears. The liquid dropped from his face, onto his clothes and the grass beneath his feet. Those, too, starting burning.

"Austin! You okay!" You called out, trying to move towards him. Only now, you couldn't move at all. You were stuck in place. You glanced back at where Jeff was standing. He was gone. Back to Austin. Gone. Everywhere around you was engulfed in flames. Silhouettes of unknown creatures showed through the flickering fire. The dangerous, heat-emitting element made its way to your feet. You felt the flames travel up your legs, embracing your body in its searing arms.

You started to scream.

Your eyes snapped open, and you gritted your teeth, taking in your surroundings. You were still where you were the previous night. It was just the same dream that had been showing up while you slept for a while now. This time, though, you could actually see two of the figures clearly. Speaking of those two figures...

They were still sleeping. You found that your head had been resting on Austin's shoulder all night, while he was slumped over a large pillow. You felt something heavy and warm in your lap. You looked down to find Jeff's head and neck resting in your lap. Your face became beet red, as you stared down at the sleeping boy.

Well, you thought he was sleeping, anyways.

"Am I so beautiful that you can't take your eyes off me?" Jeff smirked, his voice husky from sleeping.

You shook your head. "Don't be so full of yourself. I'm the real beauty here and you know it."

Jeff chuckled, not responding to that. He stared up at you.

"Well, since you're awake... Mind moving?" You asked.

It was Jeff's turn to shake his head. "I'm comfortable where I am."

"Jeff." Your tone sounded very unamused. "I am hungry. Don't make me push you off."

"Okay, okay. Relax, princess. Wasn't that comfortable anyway."