Chapter 12

You stared at Austin. A small, subtle smiled creeped up onto your face.

"Do you hate me?" Austin asked, avoiding eye contact. His eyes focused on anything and everything that wasn't you. So naturally, he didn't notice your smile.

You didn't answer. You simply gazed at Austin with your amused, and somewhat joyful (e/c) eyes. You, gently placing your hand on Austin's jaw, turned his head towards you.

You looked Austin in the eyes, staying silent for a few more moments while everything he just told you played back in your mind...

Austin had launched into a full explanation about ten minutes ago. He was, in fact, the mysterious boy you had seen twice recently. He was part of this group called the Guardians.

The Guardians were a group of abnormal entities, all with different inhuman abilities. They were all sorts of creatures- demons, ghosts, shifters. Everything you never knew existed. They all chose a fake name to use for killing. It could be whatever the Guardians chose. Austin's was Razor. He chose it because of his sword and dagger's blades, ridged an razor sharp.

The Guardians are dedicated to keeping humanity safe, going to extremes to get rid of dangerous forces. Dangerous forces being things like Jeff, as Austin explained.

Creepypastas. Austin referred to Jeff as one of them. Creepypastas were a danger to society, as a whole. They killed innocents for their own fun. Guardians only killed threats. Or those who deserved death. They took down the greedy, the insane, and the criminals. No innocents.

That was the difference between Creepypastas and Guardians. Much alike, but very different at the same time. Sworn enemies, they were.

Austin had only gone to the Smith house to kill the father, just like you were gonna do. But Jeff beat him to it. And killed most of the household, save the little girl.

Austin took your silence, and hesitance in answering, as a no. He started pulling his head away from your hand, a look of disappointment crossing his face.

"Austin?" You asked, making him face you again.

"Yeah?" He replied, looking at you hopefully.

"I have something to tell you."

Austin stayed silent, cocking his head slightly as if telling you to continue.

You leaned in and whispered the same exact phrase he said to you before he explained everything.

"I kill people, too."

That single phrase made Austin's mouth slightly open. He studied you for a few moments, before giving you a sly grin.

"So what, are you the infamous Black Cat, or something?" Austin chuckled.

"Um... Is that what people are calling me?"

"Black Cat, Midnight Panther, something like that. I don't really know, everyone mixes it up. So are, then? The Black Cat?"

"Yes. But I'm not how everyone makes me out to be. I, uh, work just like you and your group of guards or whatever." You stated bluntly.

"You mean Guardians?"

"Yeah, that. Anyways, I only kill who deserves to die. The greedy and dangerous. No innocents."

Austin looked at you, his grin growing into a smirk.

You stared at Austin, smiling.

"You thinkin something?"

"We could be the dynamic duo," Austin laughed. "We could rid the world of crime as a team."

"But you already have a team, don't you?"