Chapter 17

Jeff, naturally ignoring what he was told earlier, left you as soon as you three walked through the door. BEN rushed off to play video games, leaving you alone at the front door.

You stood in your spot for a moment, before going to your room and throwing your bag on the bed. You sat down on the edge of it, taking in a deep breath. You let yourself fall back, sinking into the mattress while you allowed your eyes to close halfway.

"Hey..."

Your eyes snapped open. You got up, hand on your pocket, where you had one of your knives hidden.

"What? Who said that?" You said aloud. No response. You sighed and shook your head.

"I'm so fucking foolish." You muttered, chuckling.

"Why do you say that?" The low voice chuckled.

This time, you were sure someone else was here.

"Um... Where are you? I can hear you but I can't see you..."

A few seconds passed by where there was no movement at all. Then, suddenly, something leaped out from the wall.

You stared, getting your eyes adjusted to the look of the new, unknown person standing in front of you.

It was a boy.

The first thing you noticed was the messy, red hair that fell over the boy's eyes and face in a flawless way. It wasn't just one shade of red, though. The more you looked at it, you realize that it started from a dark, blood red and blended into a vibrant, fire engine red near the tips.

Your (e/c) eyes fell down from his hair to his face, as you stood there, studying his every detail.

His eyes were a soft yellow, a stark contrast against his flamboyant hair. He had the eyes of a cat's, his eyes narrowed into slits. However, they matched his skin tone finely.

He looked about one year younger than you. He seemed to be a few inches taller than you, but it was hard to tell because he was so pale. So pale that you could barely tell the difference between his milky white skin and the plain white wall behind him.

'Wait a second,' You thought to yourself as you trudged up to him. Your eyes widened, and you drew in a sharp breath.

"You... You're the same color as the wall behind you!"

The boy's lips curled up into a smile.

"No. That's incorrect. I'm not the same color as the wall behind me. You're practically seeing the wall through me." He spoke.

You stared at him. "So you're invisible?"

"Kinda. I'm translucent. But I can be invisible if you want me to be."

"No, you're fine. It's just... Shocking. I've never seen a-"

He cut you off.

"Ghost. That's what you were going to say, right? Well, you're wrong again. I'm not a ghost. I've just been through a lot of... Experiments, ya know?"

You slowly nodded, a wave of sadness washing over you as you realized this boy's past.

"My name is Zer0," he said, sauntering past you and sitting on the edge of your bed.

He looked at you with a smirk. "You gonna introduce yourself?"

"Oh... Uh yeah. (Y/n), (y/n) (l/n). But you can call me (cp/n), if you want. I mean, I am part of this now," you stated, motioning to the house in general.

Zer0's smirk didn't leave his face as he looked at you. "I was kidding. I already knew who you were.... Did you meet the others yet?"

"Yeah, Slender introduced me."