Chapter 23

"Austin! Sorry to say this, but it ain't gonna be just the two of us tonight." You yelled. You turned to face Jeff, who insisted on coming along because he was bored. So he said, at least.

"Who else is joining us?" Austin asked, coming down the stairs, his dark hair dripping with water.

He stopped in his tracks as soon as he saw the pale boy standing next to you.

"Of all people..." He muttered.

"I'm not exactly the happiest person, either." Jeff grumbled.

You sighed. "You didn't have to come."

Jeff shrugged. "Again, nothing better to do."

Austin looked from Jeff to you, then back to Jeff.

"Don't worry, he'll behave. I'll make sure of it." You laughed nervously, trying to ease the thick tension.

Austin nodded. "Okay. Fine with me, then. As long as he doesn't try anything... Stupid."

Jeff scoffed. "I would never."

You hummed in response to Jeff, raising your eyebrows.

Austin scratched the back of his neck, still observing the serial killer standing in his house.

"Yeah..." Austin muttered, turning his attention towards you.

You offered a sheepish smile. "He's not so bad. For the most part..." You trailed off, gazing at the floor.

Austin cleared his throat. "Well, uh, anyone hungry?"

You glanced at Jeff, who was looking around the place.

"Do you have any (favorite snack)?" You asked.

"Well, duh, I wouldn't be your best friend if I didn't." Austin grinned, opening a cupboard and pulling out the snack you requested. He motioned his head towards Jeff. "What about you?"

Jeff shook his head. "Nothing." He said.

You strutted up to Austin and stole the snack from his hands. You then walked towards the tv, falling back onto the couch. "Hurry up, guys. Otherwise you're gonna have to sit on the floor."

Austin and Jeff shared a look, merely studying each other intensely for a few moments. You were not in the room to witness the silent war that was going on between the two. Soon after, they joined you on the couch, you in between the two of them.

You ate the snack, closing your eyes in a state of bliss. A small smile played on your lips as you enjoyed the taste of your favorite snack. It had been a while since you last had it.

Both males' attention was on you. Neither one could help but inspect your joyful features and admire how blissful you looked eating (favorite snack).

Their attention switched from you to each other, unknown to you as you were still enjoying your snack.

Now, the boys were in a heated face off, giving each other glares that would send any grown man running.

"Games or movie? Or Netflix?" You asked, your eyes still closed.

It was in that moment, while you were distracted by the food you held in your hands, that you failed to notice the mischievous look that overtook both boys faces.

Austin smirked, and Jeff returned the expression, as they both prepared to attack.

You began to open your eyes. The boys were being awfully quiet. Suspiciously quiet. As soon as your (e/c) orbs were exposed to the light, you instantly regretted your actions.