Chapter 6

A/N:
Mmkay, puttin' up the sixth chapter. This one's the longest one so far, hope you enjoy. Oh, and (f/s) is favorite song, just a heads up. :P
---------------------------------------------

You drew in a sharp breath, staring at the figure in the doorway.

The person who walked in was a mystery to you, and to the boy who stood five feet away.

You glanced at the scarred boy, tightening your grip around your knife.

The person in the doorway was masked. His- you guessed it was a guy because of his height and build- mask was mainly a dark crimson red, with black surrounding both of the eyes. The eyes of his mask were small, circular holes that showed his red eyes underneath. The mask had a small bump for a nose, and had a stitched up mouth with no expression. Other than the mask, the guy simply wore black shoes, black pants, and a bright red hoodie.

You looked back at the little girl, who still hid behind you, shaking.

'At least she stopped crying...' You thought as you looked back at the figure.

You, the burnt boy, and the new guy all stared at each other silently for a few moments.

"Glad you could join us. Another one to put to sleep." The only unmasked figure said.

The pale boy lunged at the figure standing in the doorway, who was standing still, shocked.

You turned to the little girl. "Go hide in the study, under the desk. Got it?" You gruffly said, trying to disguise your real voice.

The little girl nodded and ran off silently.

You turned back to the two fighting figures. Your eyes widened underneath your mask, as a certain thought crossed your mind.

'That boy... He saved me 3 years ago...'
You realized this as you watched the pale, scarred boy fight, glued to the ground.

The white boy pulled away from the masked figure suddenly, his eyes focusing on the darkness outside.

Sirens were interrupting the peaceful night. Seems as if one of the neighbors knew something was up.

"See you guys soon." The scarred boy chuckled deeply, and took off running towards the back door.

You looked at the masked guy for a moment, before taking off after the boy. You ran out of the house, following after him as he set off towards the forest.

He hopped the fence, and a moment later, you did the same. Soon enough, you reached the forest. You slowed your run to jog, then to a walk. You looked around, at the trees and branches.

The boy had disappeared. There was no sign of him anywhere. Your shoulders drooped, as you looked around some more, hoping to find a clue as to where the guy may have went.

You scowled and peeled your mask off of your face, as you panted and leaned against a tree.

You slid down, sitting on the ground. You couldn't take your mind off the boy. Not after you remembered what happened 3 years ago...

*start of flashback*

"Bye Austin!" You called out, as you started walking home from school. You usually took the bus, but today, you and Austin stayed after school to set up pranks for the following day. You and Austin always loved to get back at the people who bullied you relentlessly.

You were gonna wait for Austin, but he told you to start walking home, and that he would catch up soon. He had one last thing to do. So naturally, you started walking.