Chapter 1

A/N:
So, this is the first chapter. Didn't spend much time on it, but oh well. Tell me how it is. I love getting feedback. Hope you enjoy :p

---------------------------------------------

The high-pitched shriek of your alarm clock mixed with the sirens from your dream, rousing you from your sleep. It wasn't the first time you had that dream. Yet, it wasn't a
dream- it was a memory. From two years ago.

Your (e/c) eyes were only halfway open as you glanced around. You remembered why you were in this empty house, with nothing in it other than your few possessions and articles of clothing, causing you to press your lips into a thin line, your expression dull.

You looked at the row of knives which lay a few feet to your right, your lips curling into a wicked smirk as you remembered the events of last night. You terrorized your next target- the greedy owner of a world-renowned corporation. You enjoyed taking your time with things. It was more fun that way.

You never killed the innocent. Only the terrible, greedy, sinning people who commit actions that were crimes in your mind... Like abusing others.

Next to your row of knives were a few simple things: a small, but sturdy, axe, a salvaged radio, and... Well, a guitar. The guitar was important to you, as it was something you often used to pass time, and the one thing you cared to save from the fire before it consumed your home.

You stood up, stretching and yawning, studying your surroundings. In the corner was your makeshift bed, which was roughly a few stolen pillows and a blanket, sloppily thrown together.

As mentioned, a few feet away laid your interesting collection of knives, some bigger than others. They were precious to you in this chapter of your life. You had long forgotten your old life, only focusing on the one you now lived.

The alarm clock that had so rudely woken you up sat right next to the makeshift bed. Across from the row of knives sat your small, yet unruly, pile of clothes. Mostly dark clothing, with some band shirts, and a few skinny jeans.

Hanging from a nail that was carelessly shoved into the wall was the onyx pendant, with a ruby in it, encrusted with gold that Austin, your best friend, gave you the day of your house fire, two long years ago.

Your eyes scanned the room, resting on the most important, crucial thing in your new life- your mask. It was jet black and covered your whole face, with a few unmistakable features. Two black ears splattered with red and silver rose up out of the top of the mask, patchy and a bit torn. There were X's where the eyes would normally be, covered by a thin, silver cloth on the inside, which made it appear as if you didn't have actual eyes behind the X's. Below the eyes, there was no indent for a nose, just a flat, smooth space. And right where the mouth would be, well, there was a mouth. A gruesome, silver jagged smile that curled up to the cheekbone area. That smirk always drove terror into your victims' hearts every time they so much as stole a glimpse at you. It was a major part in your fear factor, and your local infamy.

You went over to the mask, kneeling down as you scraped a splotch of dry blood off the surface, cleaning it. "That's better." You stated, still wearing your crude smile as you got back up to your feet, leaving the room and heading downstairs. As you walked down the stairs, you combed through your (h/l), (h/c) hair with your fingers.

You listened to the soft creaks of the stairs as you traveled down them, the rails of no use to you. You jumped from the second to last step down onto the floor, your feet making a light thud. You walked to the kitchen to grab some food you had stored there.

You took out a few things and made yourself a sandwich. You gazed out the window, smiling. You had big plans for the evening- You decided to finally end the life of the man you had been terrorizing for a few days.

After eating your sandwich, you left the house, heading to Austin's house. He was the only thing from your past that you kept in your new life. He was the only one who ever helped you. Austin had been your best friend ever since you were young, sticking with you through thick and thin, resulting in him being picked on as well. But he hadn't minded, as long as he had you.

You could tell just by his demeanor and expressions that he cared more for you than he did anybody else, and would go to the ends of the Earth to protect you. You would do the same for him, now that you had the ability to.

Austin tried his best to make you happy each and every day. He made you smile and helped you keep pushing forward whenever you were feeling down and depressed. Something no one else ever did for you. And unknown to you, he had given his heart to you. Something you knew no one could do to you, whether they were close to you, or not.

You whistled while you trudged along, the birds soaring up above in the sky returning your tune in the form of dainty little chirps and tweets. A stray dog ran about, chasing a poor squirrel up into a tree, barking at it. A cat prowled around a garbage can, skinny, hungry. The leaves of the trees shook from a small gust of wind, some floating down slowly, until they collided with the ground. Nature was beautiful. Very much so.

And life-so short and sweet- was beautiful, too...

So they say. But you knew far too well that it was a big, ugly lie, one that you had faith in for way too long, until you finally opened your eyes to reality.

All things came to an end, whether good or bad, and you knew that tonight, one man's life would come to an end...