Chapter 40

Another chapter coming your way later (probably...). Anyways, enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------

Just five minutes ago, you had taken off, darting up and out of Jeff's lap, disappearing into the forest as quickly as you had gotten to your feet.

You could hear the male's heavy footsteps a distance behind you, trailing your steps as he tried to catch up to your quick pace.

"(Y/n), wait up!" Jeff shouted, gracefully maneuvering over every obstacle in his path, like he knew the forest inside and out. Of course, he did, in fact, know the forest like the back of his hand considering he had been living in it for quite a while.

You, too, knew the forest well- you made frequent journeys to and fro, in and out, running errands that the others couldn't, and meeting up with Eric to hang out.

The looming trees blurred past as you ran as fast as you possibly could.

Jeff managed to inch a few feet closer while running, but still, was not side-by-side.

You slowed down a bit, obliging to Jeff's words, allowing the killer to catch up to you.

"Where are you going? Or, we, now." Jeff asked, slightly panting, out of breath from the tremendous amount of effort he had used to catch up.

You noticed now that you and your boyfriend had neared the edge of the forest, glimpses of the nearby street and outside world poking through the numerous gaps in between each lush tree.

"You'll see." With that, you walked at a brisk pace, following the mental path you had in mind, one of which you had walked many times before.

"C'mon, babe, tell me." Jeff whined like a child.

You just took his hand in response, intertwining your dainty fingers with his larger ones.

Pulling him along the invisible path, you came upon the backyard of a house you knew all too well. The back door was in sight, and slightly ajar- he had anticipated your arrival, because you had responded to his text within the minute it was sent.

"He's back?" Jeff asked, his wide orbs focused on the door. Peeking out from behind his forever smile was a small, genuine one at the sight his eyes were seeing.

You nodded excitedly, leading your boyfriend up the door.

"Austin~" You shouted, entering the lit up house. You had expected Wolff to come running to you the second he heard the door open, but oddly enough, you didn't hear the familiar clicking of his sharp nails against the wooden floorboards.

"(Y/n), by the T.V." The familiar, deep male voice flowed through the air, the sound originating from the family room.

You smiled, thrilled to see your best friend, whom you hadn't been able to see for way too long.

You walked into the room, hand-in-hand with Jeff, staring enthusiastically at the male on the couch.

You slipped your hand out of Jeff's, diving into Austin's arms in the fiery embrace you had so long wished to give to the boy.

Austin held you in his arms, prolonging the embrace as he basked in the pleasure of once agains seeing his best friend for years, safe and sound, just as he was.

Jeff stood a few feet away, watching the scene go down with a dangerous calmness. He could feel the burning embers of jealously flare up within- maybe it was because you were now officially his, and he was watching you being grasped by another male. Or, maybe it was the way Austin locked eye contact, his grassy green orbs the color of springtime meeting Jeff's skeptical gaze. The killer swore he saw the very corner of Austin's lips turn up in a malicious smirk, but then again, it could be the envy constraining Jeff's logic and reason.