Chapter 3

A cat. The shadow that had made you paranoid at that short moment... Was a cat. You sighed again, mentally facepalming.

After criticizing yourself for being so foolish, you set out back to your 'house'.

You walked into the house through the back door, since it was the only easy way in. You went to your room, grabbing some clothes to change into.

You changed into a plain black shirt, also slipping into a pair of jet black skinny jeans. Then, throwing on your black hoodie, with a silver fanged cat head plastered on the front, you grabbed your mask and your favorite knife. You inspected your knife, smiling after deciding it was sharp enough. You shoved the blade into the hoodie's pocket, grabbed the onyx necklace, and rushed downstairs.

Evening fell, and the moon began to come out, peeking down at the world below. The sky was clear, with a few stars to mark it's smooth, dark appearance. Tonight was a full moon- your favorite.

They say odd things always happen on full moons. You didn't think that was true. You loved full moons since you were small. It was the one day no one would bother you. No bullying, no abusing, nothing. You always felt more powerful on full moons. As the years go by, though, you feel stronger each and every day, not just on full moons. Like, you had an undiscovered ability or something.

You slipped the mask on over your head, adjusting it so it fully concealed your face. After making sure your mask was on securely, you put the pendant around your neck, tucking it under the hoodie and your shirt. You flipped your hood up and tucked your (h/l), (h/c) hair back into the hoodie, hiding it from view.

You walked right out of the house, the back door creaking as you shut it behind you. You then headed towards your destination, assuming the unfortunate man had already gone to bed. You only intended to kill him. Not his wife, or little girl.

*time skip*

The large, gated house came into view. The sleek, white bricks reflected the bright light that radiated from the street lights. The fountain in the front was on, though there was not a soul in sight. Personally, you thought it was a waste for the fountain to be on. Well, to have a fountain in general was stupid. All this man was doing was wasting water that could be used for better things. It disgusted you, to see people like that living carelessly, and greedily.

It wasn't just the fountain that made you disgusted, though. It was everything- the neatly trimmed bushes, the large garage which held several cars inside, the useless statues used only to show the wealth possessed by the family.

As you read on the fancy marble mailbox, this house belong to the 'Smith Family'. You could tell they had a servant or two, as a few lights were on in small, cramped rooms, exposed through the windows. Maybe you would spare the servants. Maybe. You wanted to spare them. Like you would spare the girl and the wife. But you couldn't always control your bloodlust. Once you started, it was hard to stop.

You would do whatever you had to, in order to quench that thirst for blood, whenever it rose up out of you. That thirst though, was always meant for the rich, greedy, souls. Never anyone innocent.

"Perfect." You muttered, smiling under your mask. You effortlessly hopped the fence. During these last few years, you had been whipped into great shape, and your endurance level was inhuman. But, doing what you did, it only made sense to have improved abilities and heightened senses.

You glanced around, carefully choosing where you placed your feet to get to the house, because of the alarms set up all over the yard. There were cameras spying from trees and posts. You moved towards a shadow to conceal yourself, just to realize that... The cameras were off.
Weird.

Soon enough, you reached the house. You knew that the door was locked, sp you couldn't go in that way. You were about to go to the window, stopping dead in your tracks when you noticed that the glass was broken and shattered already.

"Huh? That's weird... Who would've broken into this house?" You asked yourself quietly, your breath hitching in your throat as you climbed into the house through the window. You wondered who- or what- was already inside...

---------------------------------------------
A/N:
I wonder... Who is inside the house? Next few chapters, things'll speed up, I promise. And Jeff'll come into it. Cya, and keep eatin mashed potatoes. I realize the chapters are kinda short.... Don't worry, as the story progresses, they'll get longer.