Chapter 4

When you were climbing into the house through your window, you carefully avoided hitting the broken, jagged glass that remained on the window. You took one step forward, regretting that decision instantly, as a glass shard under your feet shattered, the noise traveling throughout the house.

"Fuck..." You murmured to yourself quietly, glancing around.

Everything was silent- nothing made a single noise. The normal hum of electricity stood still, not daring to call out. There were no footsteps, no voices. Just... Silence.

You, now cautious, sauntered away from the window, not stepping on glass again. By the look of the room, you could tell it was the study. An office, if you will.

There was a detailed painting above a fireplace, an orderly desk sitting in front of it, and two ornamented couches sitting past it. You could tell it was an expensive room by the painting, the modernized sculptures, and the presentation of it all. As expected from a rich family. Even a fire was dancing upon the wood in the fireplace in a fancy manner, as if someone had just been here, in this room.

You quietly left the study, coming upon the twin, marble staircases facing the front door. Climbing up the steps, you studied your surroundings.

Everything was still- too still for a family of three, plus a ton of servants. No lights were on, now. None that you could see, anyways.

You reached the top of the stairs, and headed down the hallway to your left. Pushing a slightly ajar door fully open, you could make out the outlines of furniture. But no living human in sight. You left the room and checked out a few more rooms, before walking back over to the other side of the hallway.

You pushed open the door of the master bedroom gently, staring into the room. You held your breath, as you saw the silhouette of a guy, standing by the window, looking outside. He hadn't heard the door open. He hadn't noticed you yet.

You looked away from the silhouette, and instead turned your gaze to the bed. There. Two dead bodies laid on the bed. One man. One woman.

The moonlight flowing into the room from the window revealed the pool of blood under the bodies. You could make out every detail of the couple, and the way they had been killed. You looked back at the boy by the window.

His shoulders were moving up and down, up and down, up and down. He was breathing heavily. They must've put up a fight. His arms were hanging down, limp at his side. A bloodied knife was being gripped in his right hand, the tip pointing at the floor.

You could barely make out his dirty white hoodie, and his long, raven black hair. His back was still to you while you noted he was taller than you, but seemed around your age. He was lean, but in a way, slightly built.

You slowly backed out of the room, praying that you didn't make a noise. You didn't. But the little girl outside of the room did.

Your eyes widened as you turned to the little girl. You swiftly grabbed her and clamped your hand over her mouth, hoping HE didn't hear it. You peered into the room. The boy was gone. You let your breath escape your lips, relaxing your shoulders a bit. Just as you were about to let the girl go, the door was pushed fully open, slamming against the wall.

In a panic, you picked the little girl up and ran to the stairs. "No time." You murmured as you hopped onto the railing, sliding down to the bottom of the stairs. You hopped off, still holding the girl, as you darted into the kitchen. You ignored the girl's cries and screams as you ran.

You stopped in your tracks once you reached the door to the servants' quarters.

Insides the room, were the servants. Massacred. All dead, laying on the floor, lifeless.

You shut the door quickly, and set the little girl down, facing her. You were about to say something, to stop her crying, until someone beat you to it.

"Go... To... Sleep..."

---------------------------------------------
A/N:
So, first Jeff appearance in this chapter. Poor lil' girl. What's gonna happen to her? I promise, it won't be something really depressing. So, any thoughts so far on the story?

Love Is A Psychopath [Jeff the Killer X Reader]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara