Chapter 20

(C/P/N) = Creepypasta Name
--------------------------------------------
"Let's play."

Right after you muttered that phrase, you twisted the knife sharply, and yanked it out, moving it up to his neck. You sliced his soft flesh, to be sure of his death.

"By the way ... The name's... (C/P/N)."

You wiped your knife on his clothes and stood up.

A loud crash came from the next room over, followed by a scream and a raspy chuckle.

You already knew who it was. You ran into the room, instinctively jumping in front of the boy and his sister. Your quick reflexes deflected the attack that was meant for the boy, and the sound of metal against metal rang out.

You breathed a sigh of relief. You hadn't been stabbed, and neither had anyone else.

Your eyes locked with the ominous orbs belonging to Jeff the Killer.

Jeff's eyes looked slightly surprised, but returned to being full of bloodlust.

"Move out of the way." He rasped, holding his knife readily.

"No. These ones are mine." You responded, not hiding your strained voice.

"(Y-y/n)?" The teen boy asked from behind you.

You froze. How had he known who you were? Austin was your only friend, and this certainly was not him.

You half turned your face, your eyes scanning the boy. It dawned on you. Your chest tightened, and you spun around, your knife held tightly in your hand.

It was Eric. He was your age, even though he always looked younger than he actually was. His girlfriend, Rachel (sorry if your name is Rachel. Replace it then, I guess? No hard feelings, right? Good.) was one of the snobby girls who harassed you relentlessly at school. Of course, Eric and his friends did too, ever since he started dating her.

Your eyes narrowed, and you slightly pulled your mask up, revealing only your mouth, so you could talk clearly.

"How did you know?" You asked, your voice full of distaste.

"Y-your voice... I, uh, recognized it..." Eric said quietly.

You pulled your mask up all the way, revealing your face. Your cold expression made Eric lower his gaze.

"Please don't.... Don't kill my sister. I know you'll kill me. I deserve it, I guess. But don't kill her." Eric's pleading eyes were full of worry, as he hugged his sister. "I know I haven't been good to you since seventh grade. I don't know why I did what I did. I regret it. I didn't think it.... I didn't know it would be taken as far as it has, with Rachel and all-"

"You knew perfectly well how far it would go, Eric." Your voice cut into his sharply.

"I... I know. I just-"

"Stop." You said, your gaze set upon his shaking figure.

Jeff quietly watched, trying to figure out your next move before you did it. And he did.

"(Y/n), you know what he did to you. Do you think he should live? He'd just do it again. Be strong for once. If you don't kill the both of them, I will." Jeff scoffed, standing beside you, peering at your face.

You glanced at Jeff.

"Shut up. This doesn't involve you, Jeff. So you'd better leave." You growled, looking back at the two cowering figures in front of you.

Jeff snorted, his raspy laughter echoing throughout the room.

"I'm staying. I'm seeing this through."

You turned towards Jeff slowly, holding your knife up in a ready stance.

"They are staying alive. You won't change that. You can't change it. I am in control, here."

Jeff stepped forward towards Eric and his sister, his malicious smile seething with intent on murder.

You pushed Jeff roughly to the side.

"Jeff." You warned.

Jeff sneered in response. His eyes searched for any flaw in your cold, confident expression.

"You're serious about letting two witnesses live? Even though they know what you look like and who you are?"

You stared at Jeff for a moment, before gazing at Eric and his frightened little sister.

"Yes." You stated, motioning towards the window. "Now leave."

Jeff rolled his eyes, sauntering towards the window.

"Just this once. Because you're wasting my time and I still have victims to take care of tonight. People that need to go to sleep. Go ahead and play your game... (C/P/N), and make your moves wisely."

With those parting words, the raven-haired boy left without another glance your way.

You turned to Eric and his sister.

"What's your name?" You asked, a kind tone in your voice as a calm smile settled across your lips.

The little girl, her green eyes staring intently up at you, responded in a soft, shaky voice.

"E-Emily."

"That's a pretty name." You took a step closer.

Terror was evident in Emily's eyes as she gazed at the knife you gripped in your hand.

Realizing that didn't help you seem friendly, you put the crude blade away.

"I won't hurt you. Or your brother. I'm not like Jeff... I didn't know... You see, your dad, he uh, wasn't the best guy. And life would be better without him, yeah? So I... Ah, never mind. You know." You said, biting your lip.

You remembered the couple pieces of sugary candy sitting in the front right pocket of your pants. You dug your hand to retrieve the candy, closing your fingered around the crinkling wrappers.

Eric and Emily merely looked at you with curious yet wary expressions.

You knelt down, face to face with Emily.

"Here... It might not help much but candy use to help calm me down when I was younger." You extended your hand and dropping the candy into Emily's small hands.

Emily looked at you, a small, shy smile appearing on her lips.

"T-thank you... Uh..."

"(Y/n)," you smiled kindly, standing back up.

"(Y/n), I'm really sorry about me and Rachel, and I'm really thankful that you let Emily and I, you know, um, live. And you got rid of the jerk of a man that is our father. Thank you. A lot." Eric spoke honestly, locking his eyes with yours.

Sirens screamed in the distance, growing louder and louder with each passing second.

"Yeah, just remember that I didn't do it for you. I did it because I'm sick of the evil in this world. I was in a similar situation. You would've known that if you had taken the time to be a friend rather than a complete as-... Jerk. And I did it for her. It's not great to grow up in this sort of lifestyle. Surely, you understand." You muttered, your eyes concentrated on Emily, who was enjoying the candy you gave her.

"I... I do... And again, I'm really sorry... Maybe we can, you know, be, uh, friends?"

"This may be my game, but it's your move." You shrugged. "Don't tell anyone about this. Or about me. Unless you want me to come back and finish this."

Eric nodded, his eyes never leaving yours.

The wails of the sirens signaled that the police- along with the other emergency crews- were right around the corner.

You turned and strode towards the window. You turned your face slightly, just enough to catch the two in the corner of your eye.

"Sweet dreams, for a sweet new future."