Chapter 7

You woke up, rubbing your eyes and yawning. Looking down, you saw that you were still in the same clothes as the previous night. You usually change out of them as soon as you get home. Last night, you did not.

You spent all night thinking about Jeff. About that encounter from three years ago, about last night's random meeting. You thought about how he killed your victim, but also killed the victim's wife, servants, and planned to kill the littler girl. You thought about the masked figure who appeared in the house yesterday. You thought about how you all ran out when the sirens were heard. But mostly, you thought about Jeff.

You knew his story. You were 12 at the time. He was 13. Here, in your hometown of (h/t), he had gone insane. He got in a fight. He got burned. He carved his own smile. He burnt his eyelids off. He killed his family. He ran away. He killed, and still kills. You were like a local menace, or state menace. He was a killer, feared nationwide.

You sighed.

"I just can't believe he took my victim... I had nice plans for yesterday... Dumbass." You mumbled spitefully, wishing you could've been the one to end that sinful soul's life.

You looked at your row of knives. 'Well, at least I thought to put my knife back.' You thought.

You stood up, stretching. You threw on a (f/c) shirt, and a tattered pair of jeans. You put your 'killing' clothes by your mask, underneath the nail in the wall. You kept the onyx pendant on, as you slipped on a leather jacket.

After you finished changing, you strolled downstairs, into the kitchen. Just as you were about to open the fridge, you stopped. A cool breeze swept across the room, blowing your hair back slightly.

"Huh? I thought I closed that window..." You muttered, looking around.

You went to the window and closed it roughly. You stared outside, in thought, for a few moments, until you felt the cold chill of a knife's blade pressed against your neck.

Warm breath tickled your ear, as long, coarse black hair tickled your cheek.

You heard a raspy chuckle, immediately knowing who it was.

"Jeff... Get out." You growled.

"How do you know my name?"

"What? You mean., you don't remember?"

"No, why would I remember... Oh... Haha. I remember you now. You were that weak girl in the alley."

"I've changed."

"I'm sure you have. Too bad you won't be alive long enough to prove that you aren't weak anymore."

Right as Jeff said the word 'anymore', you elbowed him in the ribcage. Though you knew it wouldn't affect him, it surely surprised him.

Within the next moment, you swiftly opened a drawer and picked up a knife.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." You retorted.

"Oh, so you think you can survive me?"

"I know I can survive you."

"Then let's test it out. After all, it is time for you to... Go... To... Sl-"

You cut Jeff off by darting towards him. You made a swift movement with your arm. If Jeff hadn't moved within that second, the knife wouldn't been plunged into his stomach.

You turned to the side, immediately getting knocked down by Jeff. You fell onto the floor with a loud thud. He threw his knife at your head, smiling widely. You rolled to the side, the knife narrowly missing your head. You got to your feet, and looked at Jeff, who ripped his knife out of the floor.

"You're quick. Maybe I shouldn't take it easy on you, then." Jeff taunted. "But then again, you ARE a girl. You can't take much. You can't take me."

"We'll see." You spat back, lunging at Jeff.

Jeff avoided your lunge, and brought his elbow down onto your arm, knocking it downwards. The impact caused the knife to fly out of your hand, and drop to the ground.

Jeff kicked your back, sending you into the wall. He followed through by slamming his free hand onto the wall by your head, holding the knife up to your throat once more.

"This is almost how it began, isn't it?" Jeff chuckled.

"Maybe. But it's not the end, that's f-"

You were cut off by a loud knock on the back door.

Jeff glance at the door, then looked back at you. "Saved by a small knock. I'll be back. Wait up for me."

With that, Jeff took off running up the stairs. You watched him leave, knowing he would exit out one of the windows up there.

You jogged to the back door, seeing Austin through the glass. You opened the door, putting on your best smile.

"Hey Austin!"

"Hey, (y/n)!" Austin greeted you with the same enthusiasm you greeted him with.

"You look tired."

"And you look on edge. Got any food here?"

You forced a smile. "Always lookin for food, aren't ya? I'll see what I have."

You walked over to the cupboards and opened up a few. "I have pizza rolls. I can heat them up in the microwave, if you want."

"I thought you didn't have electricity?" Austin said.

"I didn't use to. I have some now though." You responded, heating up some pizza rolls.

"How?"

"Neighbors were kind enough to let me use some of their power and stuff."

"By kind enough to let you use it, you mean you stole it, didn't you, (y/n)?"

"Maybe, maybe not. The world will never know."

You feigned a small smile as you glanced outside, looking around for Austin.

"So I thought I was gonna go over your house today. Why did you come here?" You asked Austin dully.

"I just felt like it. Is it so wrong for your lover to come visit you~?"

"My lover? My god, Austin, are you trying to lead me on?" You laughed.

"You laughed. That's all I was trying to do. You didn't look too happy until now, so-"

"Pizza rolls are ready." You interrupted.

Austin cleared his throat. "Right. So, uh, does the tv work, then?"

"You got it. Put on whatever you want, I don't care." You said, taking the plate of pizza rolls over to the coffee table in front of the couch.

You sat down, and Austin joined you. You couldn't help but feel like you were being watched constantly. You glanced towards the window, stifling a gasp.

A moment ago, you could've sworn you saw Jeff's eery, forever smiling face. You shook that image out of your head, and went back to talking with Austin.

---------------------------------------------

A/N:

Okay, so the chapters will progressively be getting longer and longer, now that the story is gonna start falling into place. I know this is moving slow, and it's all over the place, please, just bare with me. I promise it'll get better, and a romance with Jeff will eventually show up. I'll have more chapters up and running soon. Please, feedback is always encourage, as are ideas to put in the story. Those are appreciated too, just small things that can fit right in. Message me if you have an idea, or leave a comment, or something. I will give credit to whoever gives me ideas- I'm not the type to take someone else's idea to use as my own.

*takes a breath*

So now that's all out of my system.

Stay gold, live long, and be a vegetable. Peace!