Chapter 9

A/N:
(f/d/b) = favorite dog breed
Thanks for reading, enjoy :)
---------------------------------------------
You took another step forward and, taking more and more steps, you closed the distance between Jeff and yourself.

One more step, and you were right in front of him. You didn't stop moving forward. You kept walking. You walked past him, bumping your shoulder into his, as you exited the room, not caring for the pale boy staring at you in awe.

You continued down the hall, and went down the creaky stairs, stopping in the kitchen. You grabbed a can of your favorite pop/drink, sitting on a stool at the counter.

Taking a sip of your drink, you heard the steps groan and squeak as slow footsteps made their way down.

A moment later, your felt a presence behind you, as a shadow fell across the counter.

The moonlight beamed through the window, and you cast a glance at Jeff, turning your head only halfway to the side.

"Can I help you?" You asked, turning around on the stool to face Jeff.

Jeff stayed silent, simply staring at you. His raven black hair fell across his forehead and face, just touching his shoulders.

"You're not scared of me anymore?" His raspy voice quietly traveled through the air, reaching your ears.

"I wasn't scared..."

You lied to Jeff. And he saw right through it.

"Yes, you were. I could basically feel your heartbeat through the floorboards. Not to mention, there was an awful tension in the air."

"So what? I was scared for some time. Whatever. Not a big deal. I'm not afraid of you anymore. I couldn't be afraid of a weak thing like you."

"Weak? Ha. I could take anyone in a fight. I could take anyone's life in a fight."

You rolled your eyes and yawned, as if you were bored with him.

"You know it's true."

"So take my life then, Jeff. Right here, right now. I'm unarmed." You challenged him, raising up an eyebrow.

"Pfffft, that isn't honorable or respectable. Or fair." Jeff retorted, scoffing.

"As if you cared about any of those things. You don't want to kill me, do you?"

Jeff stayed silent, unmoving as he peered into your eyes in an almost childlike manner.

"No?" You asked.

"So?"

"So you don't wanna kill me, Owl Eyes. That's surprising."

"Who are you calling Owl Eyes?"

"You. Have you looked in the mirror?"

"Shut up, dumbass. My face is better than yours."

"Aww, is little Jeffy getting angry over being teased?"

"Do you want me to kill you?" Jeff threatened.

"Maybe."

"I'll do it."

"No you won't."

"Will to."

"Will not."

"Uh huh."

"Nuh uh."

In a split second, a cool blade was pressed up against your neck, digging in slightly.

"Believe me now, princess?" Jeff's black hair tickled your cheek as he leaned over you. You inhaled a breath of air, calm.

"You won't do it."

"You're such a pain!"

"Then kill me."

"No."

"Why, cause I'm so beautiful?"

"Please, I'm the beautiful one here. And I'm not killing you... Yet... Because you amuse me. You're the only human who isn't afraid of me. You're the only one that fights back. Plus, want to take my time on your death."

You watched Jeff quietly. Just as he removed the sharp blade from your neck, your fist connected with his face, and your foot collided into his knee. Surprising him for a split second, Jeff stumbled back, nearly falling down.

You seized this chance and ran, rushing out of the back door. You slammed it behind you and made a beeline for the forest.

Jeff, registering what happened, growled and ran after you.

"Come back here, you fucking bitch!" Jeff yelled after you. That phrase was followed by a string of curse words as you heard barking and growling behind you.

You looked back to see Austin's large (f/d/b), Wolff, chasing after Jeff, who was running towards you. Wolff jumped forward, his jaws snapping shut around Jeff's ankle.

"Damnit! Fucking mutt, I'm going to kill-"

"No you aren't!" You shouted, running back to Jeff.

Jeff glared at you. "I'm going to kill this dog. And then I'm going to kill you."

You stared at Jeff, unable to ignore the shivers that ran down your spine. Jeff's tone was frightening, deep and cold, as if no soul and no heart existed in him.

"Wolff, run away, boy! Go back to Austin."

Wolff's head perked up, and he looked your way. He bounded over to you. Wolff stopped and turned back towards Jeff, growling menacingly. Wolff's amber eyes had a wild look to them- untamed and feral, like the eyes of a predator. The eyes of a wolf.

Jeff stood up, still glaring. He widened his smile creepily, his ominous orbs still hatefully looking at Wolff.

"That dog has got to go."

"I think so, too. Wolff, run home!"

Wolff barked, not moving.

"Now Wolff." You used a firm tone to get him to leave. You didn't want Austin's dog getting hurt.

Wolff darted away, running in the direction of Austin's house.

You looked at Jeff for a short second, before taking off towards the forest once again.

Jeff chuckled throatily, running after you. He chased you into the dark depths of the forest, the only light coming from the moon and stars overhead.

---------------------------------------------

A/N:
I know this isn't written well. And it doesn't make sense. I just had a bit of writer's block. Anyways, hope you're liking the story do far. Stay rad!