Chapter 31

Alright, so because I haven't updated in a while, and in the last A/N I explained that I had mistakenly updating a chapter that was not fully completed, I split it up into two parts, because it was going to be a really long chapter anyways. This way, I could make up for the mistake and give you guys something to read since I haven't in a while. So this is part 1 of what was originally going to be this chapter. Let me know what you think! Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------

The rattling of paper and monotonous beeping of a microwave were the only things you heard from inside the pristine house. The kitchen window was directly above you, and slightly cracked to allow fresh air to enter and circulate within the building.

You needed a plan to draw Mr. Baker away from the kitchen, so you could use the open window to enter the home.

You observed your surroundings, racking your brain for ideas. After a few moments, your shimmering (e/c) orbs settled on a small, hard object lying a few feet away from you.

A rock. Just what you wanted.

You, still staying low and out of view from the window, crept over to the round rock and took it up into your hands. From your current spot, you could see a few more windows. One revealed a T.V., colorful images dancing around the wide screen. Colorful images you wish you hadn't seen. Add 'disgusting pervert' to the list of why Mr. Baker to deserved to be erased from the world.

You gripped the rock tightly in your hand, taking it its features before you used it to your advantage. It was fairly smooth, with a few rough edges here and there, chips denting the otherwise flawless surface.

'Well, we all have our flaws,' your inner voice spoke within your head. The common stone was oddly intriguing because of what it symbolized. Everything rough, everything banged up from the course of life. But it still managed to survive. You still managed to survive.

You grinned beneath your mask, raising up the fist that contained the rock. You hurled it towards the window. The second the stone connected with the clear glass, it shattered. Shards of glass leapt from the windowsill, dropping both inside and outside the house.

You glanced towards the kitchen window just in time to see Mr. Baker leaving your sight, presumably to go check out the loud noise he heard.

This provided you with the chance you had hoped it would. Your body darted towards the open window, hands gripping the wood that surrounding the glass. You then wedged the window wider, effortlessly sailing over the windowsill, into the kitchen.

You strained your ears, listening intently for any sign as to where Mr. Baker was at the moment.

"Shit!" The masculine voice echoed throughout the vast house.

Your principal had just seen the shattered window.

You spotted a phone hanging on the wall in the kitchen. Just as a precaution, you stalked over to the mounted device and proceeded to cut the wire connecting it. Without the wire, no calls could be made from that phone.

Heavy footsteps thumped along the stained, wooden floorboards. They were coming your way.

In a flurry of quick motions, the knife was shoved back into your pocket, taking temporary residence there as you flung your body around the corner, into the dining room. You had made it around the corner just in time to hear the man's vulgar grumbling, and the thump of fists smacking against the granite counter.