Chapter 37

Sorry for the filler chapter- I needed to introduce some new characters. And I apologize for any mistakes. I hope you enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------

Your knuckles thumped against the aged wood of Jeff's door.

"Go away, Sally, I'm not joining your tea party!"

Jeff's raspy voice emanated from within the closed-off room.

"Jeff, babe, it's me. Open up." Your voice was filled with an exaggerated sweetness, dripping with venomous honey as a joyful smile spread across your face.

The door creaked open, and the male's pale face appearing from the darkness.

"What?"

You stepped in, pushing Jeff out of your way as you did so. Insona followed, standing nearby.

"What do you want?" Jeff complained, fiddling with his knife. He felt uncomfortable with the two intimidating females' gazes settled firmly on his form.

"Shouldn't you be happy to see me?" You smirked, stepping up to him. You peered into his eyes mischievously.

Jeff stepped away, sensing the danger.

"I guess but... Why is she-," He motioned towards Insona before halting mid-sentence. "Uh, Insona, what did you tell (y/n)?"

You backed away, standing by Insona's side.

"She told me everything you said, Jeff." You giggled.

"What? I only said good things about you!" Jeff scratched the back of his neck nervously, looking at everything but you. "Oh. Oooooh. Heh, wait, I was only kidding about that! I wanted to see if they'd believe it!"

"Oh... you don't think that about me?" Your smirk fell, replaced by a feigned frown. You crossed your arms, letting your head dip down.

"Th-that's not what I meant... I mean... Forget it."

You laughed. "I'm only kidding, calm down."

"What? I came here to see some ass kicking, not see some lovey dovey couple stuff. Insona out." With that, the brunette stalked out of the room, leaving you and your boyfriend alone.

You shuffled over to Jeff's bed, throwing yourself onto the springy mattress.

"I need to talk to you." You said, staring up at his blank ceiling.

"About?"

Jeff laid on his bed next to you, pulling you to his side.

"Did you kill Matt and Rachel?"

Silence.

"I killed Mr. Baker, and Rachel's parents, but not her or Matt. Did you?" You asked, your eyes fluttering shut.

You inhaled deeply, completely at peace despite the question that brought you to your boyfriend's room.

"I wish. They treated you like shit. I would've liked nothing more than to see the fucking life fade from their eyes, their very souls being sucked out of existence," Jeff's voice was strained with frustration and hatred. He sighed. "But no. I didn't kill them."

You hummed in response.

"They showed up dead. Rachel was found with her parents, Matt near the edge of the forest."

"So maybe someone else killed them?"

"But who? I saw Rachel before I left. It was... She was different. Inhuman, or something. Black eyes, bony body... She was cackling at the sight of her dead parents. And then she disappeared."