Chapter 35

I have a few things I need to address. Stick with me, if you want, or read on. Some of it is important, though. Mostly #2. Alright.

1) I've been fortunate enough to have a couple of my supporters and readers message me, and through talking to them, have found out that they, too, write. So, if any of you guys write, feel free to tell me (or don't), because I absolutely love meeting fellow writers, and readying their stuff. So don't be shy if you have a book or two, I'd love to check 'em out.

2) This Saturday, I have to leave for spring break. I won't be able to use my phone, or Wattpad, until either the 9th, 10th, or 11th (I'm not sure which one :/). So, unfortunately, I won't be able to update. I will try to write a new chapter and post it before I leave, but I can't guarantee it. If I can't, I will post a few the minute I have the chance to. I will be writing a ton over break, so I hope that I will have something good to put out when I get back. Sorry for the inconvenience.

And 3) I made this chapter a tad bit longer than the other ones for the reason stated above. I tried my best with it. I really hope you all enjoy it! So now, read on and lemme know what you think! (Also, sorry for any mistakes lol).

-----------------------------------------------------

You slowly rose to your feet, taking a few steps to get closer to Jeff. You curiously peered into his face, searching for every last bit of truth. Truth was, in fact, the only thing you found.

Other than the burning rage and frustration spilling from every inch of Jeff's being, of course.

"Jeff." You said, placing a hand on his tense, strained shoulder.

Jeff flinched automatically from your sudden touch, reacting quickly. He slammed you against the wall, one hand beside your head, the other firmly gripping your shoulder.

You kept your cool, for his sake. It was not a time to react on impulse, or let your temper flare up from his actions. This was important, for him and for you.

Jeff huffed, breathing heavily like a wild animal on the prowl. His eyes were wider than usual, filled with a predatory look, as if he were about to fly out the front door and go on a killing spree. You kept your hand on his shoulder, despite your current position.

"You like me." You stated, looking into his eyes.

Jeff tried to scowl, but failed because of the permanent smile that was carved into his face.

You needed the male to face the truth and accept his feelings. You needed him to accept the tiny bit of sanity you were offering him. You needed him to accept it, so you could accept it, too.

Jeff didn't answer. His only response was to continue looking at you with a scary expression.

"I like you, too." You murmured, offering a sheepish half-smile.

Jeff's eyes trailed down towards your neck, where the onyx pendant- given to you by Austin- sat, gently draped across your neck.

"I... I thought you loved Austin." Jeff spat, looking away from you, and instead, out the window, at the rain shooting down from the skies above.

"I already told you. I love him as a friend, a brother. Nothing more."

You only earned a huff in response from the murderous male.

"Jeff, I really need you to listen to me. I don't like Austin that way. He's been there for me through thick and thin, and I will always love him for that. But..."