Chapter 34

I decided to post this chapter today, too, in addition to the previous two I posted because 1) It's Easter and 2) I owe you guys. So here ya go. Happy Easter! (Unless it's not Easter for you. Then happy whatever-day-it-is!). I hope you enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------

After the mysterious dog left you alone, sitting on the forest floor, you rose to your feet.

You didn't want to see anyone right now. You didn't want to talk, and you definitely did not want anyone to see you in your current broken state. As much as you would have loved to go back to the Creepypasta house and lock yourself up in your room, you refused to risk passing some of the inhabitants of said house. Not while you were in this state.

You ambled aimlessly through the forest, occasionally stopping to rest when the pain in your head became unbearable.

You tried to get your mind off of what just happened to you, to no avail. You couldn't stop thinking about it. The reality of what had almost happened set in, and hit you hard.

Matt almost raped you. He got farther than the guys, several years ago, did. The only reason he didn't go through with it was because the abnormal dog showed up to save the day, for reasons unbeknownst to you.

The more you thought about it, the more emotional you got. It was hard to maintain your strong persona in front of everyone, and even harder to maintain it in front of yourself. You couldn't contain it anymore.

You let the tears flow. You let the round droplets embody all your pain and sadness and anger and regret into each, tiny little sphere. You let those spheres journey from your eyes to the ground, the salty liquid staining their paths onto your cheeks. You hated the fact that you were crying, but you loved the fact that you were letting your feelings run wild, for once.

You sat on a rock for what seemed to be hours, letting all of the pain you kept locked up for the past couple of years out. You desperately wished that your mom didn't die, and that she was waiting for you, at home, with freshly made chocolate chip cookies, the chocolate still gooey and melted. You wished that Austin was there to comfort you, and tell you that everything was going to be alright because you had him, and he would never let anything bad happen to you. You wished Jeff wasn't being cold and avoiding you. You wished he would talk to you, that he would playfully insult you and bring a smile to your face. You wished he would pull you into his strong arms and kiss you with his rough, jagged lips. You wished.

Snap! You heard a twig snap. Snap, crack! A couple more.

You lifted your head up from your hands, looking around through blurry, watery eyes. You cowered, afraid that you would see Matt dashing towards you. You saw a figure a little bit off to your right, quickly rushing through the lush forestry.

The figure bore a head full of raven black hair, and wore a white hoodie blotched with reddish-brown stains.

"Jeff..." You murmured to yourself, wiping your eyes with your sleeve.

Jeff seemed to have not noticed you as he surged forward, through the dense woods. His back was to you, and he seemed to be in a hurry to get to some unknown destination.

You really needed someone to talk to. It may not have been the best idea. Hell, it was terrible considering how distant Jeff had been lately, and how pissed off he seemed. He hardly ever cast you a glance now, and was always quiet and avoidant every time you were close by.

However, going to Austin obviously wasn't an option, so that left Jeff.

You made up your mind. You were going to follow him. You needed comfort, and you needed answers. You stood up and began to trail Jeff, keeping a safe distance as you occasionally wiped your eyes.