Chapter 27

You groaned and rolled out of bed, slamming your fist down on your alarm clock. The day you dreaded had arrived.

It was time to go back to school.

You threw on black skinny jeans, your favorite shirt, and a (f/c) sweater (or hoodie). You fixed your hair to look moderately presentable, sloppily putting it in your favorite hairstyle.

You trudged downstairs, yawning. You went into the kitchen, grabbing a bowl and a box of (favorite cereal). You poured the cereal into the bowl, and opened the fridge for milk. There was no milk.

You facepalmed. Why didn't you check for milk? You had no clue. You closed the fridge and grabbed an apple. You hurriedly ate it, your eyes falling on Slender as he walked into the kitchen.

"Why are you in such a hurry, (y/n)?" He questioned.

"School. I have a long way to go." You mumbled.

Slender stood there, seemingly inspecting you.

You felt awkward as you could practically feel his nonexistent gaze burning into you.

"Well uh... I'm gonna go now... So I'm not late... Yeah..." You offered a half smile as you grabbed your backpack and left for school.

As you walked through the forest, you plugged earbuds into your phone, and cranked the volume up, turning on your favorite song. You thought about what school would entail.

'Bullying, obnoxious students, shitty teachers, and a bunch of homework... Great.' You thought, rolling your eyes.

Normally, you were used to it. But normally, you had Austin to lean on, and hang out with. Now, you were going alone, seeing as Austin was not around at the moment.

There was also another issue relentlessly burning itself into your thoughts. Jeff. Ever since the kiss at the lake, Jeff's been ridiculously cold. He's been constantly avoiding you, and anytime you even tried to strike up a conversation with him, he came up with some lousy excuse and left the room. Sometimes, he left without even saying a word. Only shooting you a glare, or an irritated look. It was really starting to get on your nerves now. Though you were close with BEN and Flick, Jeff managed to weasel his way in and get the closest to you, save for Austin, who you had known for such a long time. Nonetheless, you and Jeff shared a close bond. One you thought wouldn't be broken so easily.

You finally made it out of the forest, and got to the nearby bus stop. You stood, waiting for the bus to round the corner. Suddenly, you felt yourself being pushed forward aggressively, into the road. Thankfully, no car was coming.

You spun around, seeing three people you knew all too well. Your eyes fell on the 'leader' of the group, Matt. He was tall, built, and stocky. Next to him was Rachel and Eric, holding hands.

Your eyes met Eric's, and memories of the last time you two met flashed through your mind. You could tell the same was happening to him.

"You don't have your little friend here with you? Did he ditch you, too? What was his name, again?" Matt smirked, looking at you with distaste.

"I'm surprised he stuck around as long as he did. I mean, being around you? Forget that. He probably won't talk to you ever again. I can't blame him." Rachel said, her high-pitched laugh hurting your ears.

You scoffed. "First, his name is Austin. And no, he didn't ditch me. He cares about the person behind the face. Second, I can't wait to see how you handle the real world acting like that. The real world is a rough place."

Rachel scowled and stepped forward, letting go of Eric's hand. She spat at you. "And what do you have? As far as I can tell, I'm all set."

You rolled your eyes. "Right. I forgot that you relied on your parents to get you everything. It's pretty sad that they have to pay for your A's."