Chapter 13

A/N:
I am soooo sorry this chapter came really late. Issues kinda came up, and I simply couldn't handle writing, or find time for it. Anyways, sorry for any mistakes, I rushed this. I should have a new chapter up soon. Haven't really found a steady update schedule yet, but oh fwell. Yes, fwell is supposed to be there. Ahem.
Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter, and please, tell me what you think. Stay rad :8
---------------------------------------------

It was 2:00 AM. Your eyes fluttered open as you heard a muffled noise from the room across the hall.

The sound you heard was a window carefully sliding open. You knew who it was. Only one guy would enter a house through a window this late, and only one guy would come into YOUR house at this time. Jeff.

You released the captive breath you didn't realise you were holding in. You glanced at Austin, debating whether or not you should wake him up.

Sure, you knew how to fight. But Jeff had strength you never encountered before. He proved this two days ago, in the forest.

Austin could protect you. You knew this. You also knew that Austin hadn't rested since he saved you, and he deserved to keep sleeping.

You, slowly and quietly, stood up, careful not to wake Austin. You never liked asking for help, anyways.

You bent down and picked up a knife, gripping it tightly in your dominant hand, your knuckles turning white.

Taking small, silent breaths, you walked towards the room's door. You laid your hand on the door's handle, gently turning it. You opened the door halfway, so you has enough room to slip out.

Once in the hallway, you stepped towards the room directly in front of you, where you heard the slide of a window being opened. The door was open all the way, touching the inside wall of the room.

You drew in a shaky breath. "Here goes nothing." You murmured.

You crept into the room, still gripping the knife tightly. You stopped in the center of the room, staring at the open window.

The room was filled with silence. Not the peaceful kind, where you could just relax and sort out your thoughts in. This silence... This silence was the dreadful silence, almost painful to be surrounded by.

Nothing made a sound. Nothing moved. The only thing you could hear was your own, rapid heartbeat, thumping in your chest.

Something was off.

The door creaked, slowly being closed behind you. You didn't turn around until your the click of the door being locked rang throughout the room.

"It's a beautiful night, huh, (y/n)?"

That piercing, raspy voice cut through the silence. Hearing his voice was worse than being surrounded by the silence you were in a moment ago.

You turned around, barely able to see Jeff. All you saw was his silhouette against the door, until he stepped forward, into a pool of moonlight streaming through the window.

You backed up, looking at Jeff with angry, but slightly frightened eyes.

"Jeff, don't come any closer. You will regret it."

"Regret what? Finally killing you? Maybe making it slow, and painful? It's not like you can do anything. It'll just end up like the other night. I messed with your head. I messed with your confidence."

Jeff took a step closer. You took a step back.

"You didn't do anything other than give me little scratches. You didn't hurt me. You don't scare me."