Chapter 16

The lights flashed on overhead, revealing the vast room full of... Interesting individuals, so you put it.

Towering above everything in the room was a tall, slender man. He wore a black suit, a white shirt, and a red tie. His arms hung at his side, long and thin. Several tentacles were protruding from his back, one holding a As your (e/c) eyes traveled from his clothes to his milky white face, you noticed an unusual feature. He had no face. Just a white head. No hair, no eyes, nothing. No facial features at all.

You kept your eyes trained on the man standing by the coffee table, not looking at any one else in the room, despite all the eyes focused on you.

"Child, do not be scared. No one here is going to hurt you. I've already told everyone that you were coming. Which, I'm glad to see, you did. (Y/n), I am Slenderman. You may call me Slender, or Slenderman."

The same booming voice cut through the air like a knife. At first, it seemed to you that the voice came from no where in particular. But you quickly determined that the voice belonged to none other than Slender, since he was the one standing up. And he was the only tall, slender man in the room.

"So I shouldn't call you Slendy like Jeff does, right?" You asked, glancing at Jeff, who gave you a death glare.

If Slender had a face, you would've seen an aggravated expression right now.

"That is correct, child. Do not call me Slendy. Jeff is... unpredictable and foolish." Slender's voice murmured.

"Hey!" Jeff protested.

"You know it's the truth, Jeffery. Anyways, (y/n), I'd like to introduce you to everyone who lives in this house. Which means the individuals staring at you right now, minus the ones that are out of the house or not in this room at the moment. Obviously, you've met Jeff. So he is not relevant right now. He will give you a tour of the place later. If you choose to stay, that is."

You nodded your head in understanding, a subtle smirk playing across your lips. Maybe Slender didn't know it yet, but you, yourself, were trouble, too. And, if you trusted the Creepypastas, you could cause just as much trouble as Jeff and several of the others.

You turned your attention back to Slender. A question rang through your mind. How did Slenderman know your name? You pushed the thought away, offering a small smile to everyone in the room.

"Sounds fine to me. I, uh, have one question before you do that, though." You said carefully.

"Yes, (y/n)?"

"Why is it that you wanted Jeff to bring me here?"

"So you could live here, duh. I already told you this, (y/n)." Jeff growled, rolling his eyes as he sat on the coffee table.

"No, I mean... Why me?"

"Because you kill." A new voice spoke to you from behind.

You turned, face to face with a boy who sounded like he was your age. He wore a feminine white mask, with small, black lips and thin, arched eyebrows hovering above the round eyes of the mask. He wore a yellow jacket and a pair of jeans. His messy, dark brown hair came out over part of the mask, covering it. He stood close to you- a little too close for comfort.

The boy backed away after noticing how close he was, standing up straight and looking at you.

You opened your mouth to speak, but ended up being cut off by Slender.

"My apologies for interrupting, child, but we must move forward with the introductions, so you can make your decision on whether or not you would like to join us here." Slender's voice boomed.